Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

How do I remove windshield tint strips?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 10:04 PM
SRT4@40
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I remove windshield tint strips?

What to do?
I have an 8" strip across the top & another 8" on bottom of the windshield, the State Trooper said I should take the bottom one off! As they would probably not hassle me much if at all about the strip on top!
What should I use to remove the glue/adhesive off the windshield? Is there a manufactured plastic film already on the inside of the windshield from the factory? I guess it helps in an accident, helps the shield stay together when it breaks? I don't want to screw up my windshield with chemicals! Simple Green or Goo-gone works well, but you still need a razor blade the goo off! On top of taking $50 bucks of perfect tint off!

Old 09-14-2005, 03:41 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: How do I remove windshield tint strips?

That black surrounding on the windshield is actually paint, its there to protect the adhesive from light, etc. Thats its purpose. So removing that would be a bad idea.

Taking a razor blade and some adhesive remover to it is about all you can do. Usually your local Autobody supply store, home depot, or auto parts store will carry it. Be VERY careful with it, it will strip clear and it does burn like a bastard if you get it on you. Your best, and safest bet would be to take it back to the tint shop and ask them how much it would be to remove it. That way if its ****ed up, its paid for.

Old 09-21-2005, 11:42 AM
srt4 driver
Veteran
Default RE: How do I remove windshield tint strips?

Use light mineral spirits (its basicly bug & tar remover) You can get rid of the glue that way. Use a heat gun / hair dryer on the tint if its being a pita, it will soften the glue underneath up.
Just work slowly and you should be fine.[8D]

Quick Reply: How do I remove windshield tint strips?