Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

New member, New car

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 06:47 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New member, New car

Ebay has lowering kits for the SRT-4....

Old 04-02-2004, 02:17 AM
Tipop
Professional

I Hate buying off ebay bleh lol

Old 04-02-2004, 02:58 AM
megaman
Professional

there are wings west kits at modern performance in parts or complete; as well as carbon fiber parts. but i agree with the other guys why doll up a natural beauty?

Old 04-02-2004, 03:59 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are plenty of suspension kits for the SRT-4's. Koni, Eibach, Tien, etc. Most places have them or can get them for you.

Was anyone else told by the salesman that the SRT-4 has adjustable Koni struts on it? Thats what my salesman told me, I never checked to see if it was true or not, I know that the older ACR Neon's had them, but they came with an adjusting **** in the glove box and the SRT-4 didn't.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:33 AM
Tipop
Professional

I plan on getting a carbon fiber hood for sure, as well as replacing the handle of a wing, it just doesn't appeal to me at all. As far as a body kit goes, I don't want to be just the next SRT owner on the block, line them up they all look the same, sure under the hood is different but with 4 colors to choose from its hard to be set apart unless you park it and let everyone examine your engine. If I wanted a car just to drive I would go by a better gas milage, more comfortable, and sadly to say, more realiable vehicle. I want an SRT because its a beast with looks to match. But when I drive down the street I don't want someone saying "Hey theres another SRT". I would rather them say "There goes that -one- SRT again"

Old 04-02-2004, 07:32 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another SRT-4, where do you live that is so plentiful with SRT-4's? I have only seen one on the road EVER, besides mine and trust me I've been looking. I know that there is an Evo style kit out there as well as one or two others, but thats just about it. When it comes to wings/spoilers though, there are billions. I'm waiting for someone to make an AAR Cuda style hood for my SRT-4. It will look badass and put tons of fresh air right on the turbo to help keep it cool.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley17.gif]

Old 04-02-2004, 10:19 AM
glhs837

71RR,

Here in my county of 65K people, there's maybe 8-10 cars. Heck, here on Pax River NAS, theres 6-7.

Tip,

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but a properly done body kit costs 1200-1400, after shipping, paint, install, etc. Maybe more. Just my .02, but for that cash, you can be known as

"There goes that -fast as hell- SRT again"

Now the install cost would actually put you over the $1400 stated above, unless you or a good buddy are a decent wrench. Then install would be zero. All you need is a distinctive set of tail lights No point paying to pretty up something most folks would never see, like the front end

Old 04-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Tipop
Professional

Well the plant I work in had 3 SRT owners. I've never seen the drivers just the cars in the lot two are yellow one is silver (or black hard to tel at night). At my previous job there were 2 other SRT owners, once again both yellow. So I'm definatly not going to get yellow . As far as the installations, the painting ect thats one thing I can handle on my own. The price isn't a problem right now I already have quite a bit of mods planned up, and I hope to get the BOV, stage 2, plug wires, plugs, oil catch can, and STS w/ booger bushings done very soon after I purchase the vehicle (as long as it take the parts to get here). From the I just have to put a new stereo system in it, Exaust system, probably Mopar Performance/Borla 2.5" cat back SS exaust, K&N replacement filter, Carbon fiber hood, new wing, body kit, tired & rims (probably after the factory tires start wearing down), new suspension, tint the windows (if I'm not satisified with the factory tint... if it even comes with it), limited slip differential (if I get an '03 cause I heard for quite sometime they need one), custom paint job far in the future, and a few other odd and ends, not in that particular order. This car is something to waste my money on so if the only negatives are price, making a nice looking car look better, and a little bit of work. I don't have a problem with it.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Tipop
Professional

As far as the population here, there are quite a few SRT owners but I live between Lexington and Lousiville Kentucky. Lexington with U.K. and thousands of college students driving cars their rich mommy and daddys bought them, then Lousiville one the higher populated cities in the United States. Kentucky is divided up into regions depending on the population. Lousiville is by itself a region compared to the combined 30-40 counties that make up some of the other regions of kentucky. In other words Its not rare to see an SRT or 3 while driving to town. Or a hummer, viper or aston martin for that matter.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:04 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, it comes with "tinted" windows, but it's not a real dark tint and you really do need the LSD, see the article from Car and Driver at this same thread.....[sm=smiley4.gif]

Quick Reply: New member, New car