Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

srt-4 vs rsx type-s

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005 | 11:08 PM
juan_lamonaca
Default srt-4 vs rsx type-s

wuts again ok my friend and i just got into a fight over who's car is better i have the srt he has the rsx type-s. he keeps saying that my car is better on only drag strips but on handling and overall performance he's got me. and that his car drive better and is smoother and i was wondering if any of you could give me any feed back whether thats true or not

Old 09-27-2005 | 11:18 PM
American__Muscle
Veteran
Default RE: srt-4 vs rsx type-s

there was a comparison by car and driver i think where they compared all those cars and the srt-4 posted way quicker times around the track too.

Old 09-27-2005 | 11:21 PM
MYSRT4
Professional

hey dont get me wrong but the rsx-s is a bad car they handle great and performance w/ a few mods the can keep up with the stock SRT and depending on the driver of the srt the rsx-s could even beat the srt. as far as handling i personaly did not like how my srt handled stock it always seemed like it wanted to wash out on me around corners. But then i got the eibach sport lowering kit which is not the ultamite but it worked for me and my car can corner very good more than likely better than my friends rsx-s. If you have better than stock tires better than stock suspension you will eat a rsx-s up on track or street

Old 09-27-2005 | 11:31 PM
juan_lamonaca

thats tru but also my friend said that the srt-4 is a obviously a dodge and that dodge cars really dont last he said that they tend to have so much problems with them. n i wasnt sure if i should believe him or not. but besides the eibach springs is there any specific coilovers i can buy\

Old 09-27-2005 | 11:44 PM
MYSRT4
Professional

ORIGINAL: juan_lamonaca

thats tru but also my friend said that the srt-4 is a obviously a dodge and that dodge cars really dont last he said that they tend to have so much problems with them. n i wasnt sure if i should believe him or not. but besides the eibach springs is there any specific coilovers i can buy\
cant always listen to what your friend says it sounds like he has it out for dodge. first of all i have driven my SRT like a nascar for almost 3 years and i have not had many problems and the ones that i did have were my fault. for sure older dodge turbos had some problems even the natural aspirated but what make doesnt have problems every once and a while. I would go with the mopar stage 2 or 3 coilovers listen if handling is all your rsx-s buddie has on you which when you get some good suspension he wont even have that tell him when he gets done ckokn on you exaust and dust sorry you bought an acura OHHH YEAH and if you use a good synthetic oil after you have about 10k on your car and keep good maintainence you will get a good life out of your car

Old 09-28-2005 | 02:51 AM
wordslayer
Captain

First of all,,,,,get a new friend. If this guy professes to be your friend, then he should be making you feel good about your purchase and not talking trash about it.

Tell him this about his RSX. If you wanted something that handles well, you would have bought a mini-cooper. If you wanted something that rode well, you would have bought a Buick. If he throws that crap up to you about how great his interior it is, tell him that you didn't give a **** about interior design when you were younger, and until you start buying home and garden, you don't care about it now.

Tell him he has a nice little car. But,,,,tell him that you aren't "vanilla." Tell him that you don't know if you are chocolate or strawberry, but SRT's definitely ain't vanilla.

Old 09-28-2005 | 03:17 AM
wozman78
Rookie

when i got a bunch of crap from all of my friends for trading my semi hooked up civic in for a "dodge",i just let them drive it down the street they all came by smiling and changed their mind about my trade.let him drive it some place where he won't wreck it and see what he says when he's done.

Old 09-28-2005 | 03:36 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

tell your friend that he's driving an overpriced accord. then tell him to take a look at the handling characteristics that comparison tests have done. you'll find that the srt does as good or better than the rsx in just about every category. also tell him that it's easier to turn when you're going a lot slower around a track (i love that).

interiors don't win races. and "driving better" is a subjective category. if being able to rev to 9k while doing 30mph is "driving better" then i'd rather not.

there's nothing wrong with a dodge. sounds like he's just grasping at straws to make himself feel better about the slower, more expensive car that he bought. there are multiple 450-500fwhp srt-4's running around on stock blocks, and have been doing so for thousands of miles and many trips down the track. how many 500hp rsx's are there running around on the streets?

Old 09-28-2005 | 12:42 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Tell him congratulations on his overpriced civic purchase while he mods it which I am assuming you guys are...that when he spends maybe 3000 dollars and up on his car and gets a few ponies outta his car, you dont have to change any internals for the mods you put on yours and youll end up spending a lot less to get to 400 plus horsepower...with some money left over for your suspension to auto x if need be...yup its only a neon but its still faster then your glorified HOnduh.....

Old 09-28-2005 | 02:11 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

Good point on the glorified Honda.

In Japan, France, Italy...you get the point, therer is no such thing as Acura. They drove Honda Legends, and still drive Honda Integras. Acuras are made for us American Pigs. They have fat bottomed seats for our piggish behinds, and piggish suspension and tuning compared to their Overseas counterparts.

With the exception of the Integra Type R that we actually got, (Even still - a little dumbed down and with the "acura badge") there is a huge misconception that the cars here are as awesome as the cars there. They aren't. You need to swap heads and ecu's, change internals, revise setups, seats, wheels,... to get the same unadulterated versions they have over there, Take a RSX and turn it into a "real" honda type r and you will have a great car that will compete with a base srt-4, but for probably 15,000 more.

I laugh at people when I see them driving 35,000$ rsx's thinking they are the schnizzle, when they are deluded. The appeal of the cars in Japan is that they are awesome, fast, and INEXPENSIVE - all at the same time. The Skyline was a cheap, awesome car. Here it is going to run us 90 large. Cars like that have become legends, and people are convinced that they are the most amazing things on wheels. While I agree that they are amazing vehicles, the watered down versions we get leave me hanging. If I was going to spend 35,000 on a performance car I would be dissapointed to get the performance an Srt-4 can offer for 14,000 less. Give me 14,000 extra to spend on an SRT-4 and I'll show you a car that can beat anything on the road. 35 Grand into the SRT-4 would hav it beating cars that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I speak from the perspective of having been through the Honda upgrade thing - it was my intro to the world of tuning cars.

I think the Hondas and such are just that - a fantastic intro into the world of tuning. A way for young prople with minimal means to understand and learn in a car that will be fast, but not so fast that they will kill themselves. I loved my Honda, and my Toyotas, but they pale in comparison and fade away when I think about my SRT-4.

Quick Reply: srt-4 vs rsx type-s