Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Apex Boost Controller

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 11:06 PM
NU2ltSRT-4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apex Boost Controller

I was wondering if anyone had put one of these on their SRT-4? I dropped mine off the other day at the dealership and they had no idea how to put it on the car and called Apex and apparently they had never put one on the SRT-4 I'm wondering if anyone else might have had that same problem or would have any answers. Apparently the Apex people are sending the needed materials via fax to the dealer. I'm just seeing if anyone had anything to say about it or what their thoughts on the matter were.

Also had a second matter maybe someone could relate to. The first time I refilled my gas tank it would only put in about 9.8 or so gallons. I filled it up two more times and still have yet to fill it to the 12.5 gallons that the Owner's Manual says are in the tank. I was wondering if this was a breaking in process or possibly something else I don't know about. Any ideas?
I ran the car down to the point that it was just barely over the bottom line.

Old 04-01-2004, 11:22 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Apex Boost Controller

There could be a dent in your gas tank somewhere, decreasing it's capacity, or you may not be filling it all the way to the top. Also be aware that most fuel gauges are traditionally made to read slightly less than is actually in the tank. You might be surprised at how far you can go on "empty". I don't recommend doing this though, you may draw dirt from the bottom of the tank into your injectors...[sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 04-02-2004, 12:05 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Forgot to mention that gas pumps vary...some will "click off" way before they're supposed to. At the particular station I go to, I can easily get an extra gallon or two in after it clicks off. It drives the station owner crazy, but I round off my purchases that way. Don't fill it all the way up the filler neck, though. [sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 04-02-2004, 02:55 AM
megaman
Professional

your worried about filling your tank? dude i have trouble keeping it filled

Old 04-02-2004, 03:45 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it was low enough to take the full 12.5 gallons you would be on foot, as the car would be on the side of the road. Typically the low fuel light will come on with around 3 gallons left. FYI: The fuel pump is in the tank and also uses/needs the fuel in the tank to keep the pump cool.

Also, you do not want to cram it full of gas because doing so will also fill up the expansion tank as well. This is a small flat tank/tray at the top of the tank that allows the fuel to expand when it gets hot, it will flow into this to keep a full tank from bursting when the gas expands.

Old 04-02-2004, 08:58 AM
glhs837

Okay, first low fuel comes at 2.5 gallons. Your gas pump light comes on for a moment, you get one chime.

Second low fuel comes at .5 gallons, thats a continuous chiming and the light stays on until you fuel.

I have never pumped more than 9.5 gallons inot mine.

Try not to run low too often. Most modern fuel pumps use the fuel as coolant, since they are submerged in it.

Old 04-03-2004, 07:13 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Mine came on just for a moment like your talking about, but then later that day, around 5 miles later and sitting at work for 8 hours it came back on and stayed on, but I don't remember if it had a constant chime or not, maybe that would have happened later. I went 4-5 miles from work an got gas and it only held 9.4 gallons. Most everyones gas gauge will work a little different than one anothers. I like that it comes on when it does on mine, so I have plenty of time to get it filled back up.[sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 04-03-2004, 12:58 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, and it gives you time to save up some money to do it as well...[sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-03-2004, 03:25 PM
NU2ltSRT-4

Thanks for the gas help but I have had a lot of trouble with the Apexi Boost Controller. Apparently the people at Apexi have never (according to the person I talked with) so they had to go and get some wiring and would take 24 hours. I was wondering if anyone had any in's with anyone that had put this on their SRT-4. It has been in the shop since Wednesday and I know a lot of you know how I feel when I say, I just want my baby back. If anyone knows how to hook the boost controller up or has any help at all in that area I would appreciate it.

Old 04-04-2004, 07:36 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

If you haven't already, try srtforums. Here is a link to them: http://www.srtforums.com

Quick Reply: Apex Boost Controller