Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

maxx fab dp

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 03:11 AM
black05srt4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maxx fab dp

Just installed my 3" DP with cat on my car. maybe it's my perception. but it seems like the car it's a little sluggish. I have s2 wo toys, borla exhaust and K & n intake amongst other things. is this normal during computer learning period? I did reflash the computer after the installations. Looks good and sounds bitching. like I said. maybe just my perception.

Old 10-07-2005, 03:12 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: maxx fab dp

Just a question....Why would you have a 3" downpipe going into a 2.5" exhaust?

Old 10-08-2005, 12:53 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker
Default RE: maxx fab dp

There is nothing wrong with that, lilspark. A lot of people have it that way. I am one of them (until I go full 3"with a muffler). You loose a flow limiting dp and a pretty restrictive cat as well in the process. Also you lose the 2.25 inch flange that was there and go smoothly from 3" to 2.5, instead of 3" to 2.25 to 2.5(19% gain in flow plus less turbulence). One can always add a 3" rear. Also, A lot of people start out with the borla, and spending 3__ isn't that hard to swallow on the dp once you decide you want to take the car farther.

Black05SRT4 ----->If you didn't gradually get into it and go real easy on the ecu at first, then do a couple of third gear highway pulls you might have had some timing pulled. I thought the same when I first ran mine. After a reset and getting the learning process right for this car which took a few tries,(which is a little extreme on the slow side, does anyone else hate how sensitive thes ecu is?), I got it right - the dp will net you some improvement.

Quick Reply: maxx fab dp