Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

mopar exhaust and downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 12:21 AM
Executioner
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mopar exhaust and downpipe

Hey, does anyone have anything to say good or bad about the Mopar-Borla exhuast for the SRT-4? Also does the 3" ATP downpipe w/cat work with the exhaust. I just wondered because the exhaust is 2.5" and the downpipe is 3".

Old 04-08-2004, 07:27 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: mopar exhaust and downpipe

I don't know, but you may need to get a reducer for it. They are cheap and any exhaust shop or parts store should have them. I have heard really good things about the Mopar/Borla exhaust, I will be getting it myself.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-08-2004, 11:59 PM
megaman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mopar exhaust and downpipe

i have one installed as well. the ONLY problem i ever experienced was the day after the install i took it to the track, and during a run, separated the down pipe from the catalytic converter. [:@] i found the increase in the noise to be disturbing and checked under the car. i brought it back to the performance shop, and they readjusted the clamps, and offered to rivet the fittings. i opted to just tighten and adjust the clamps in case i planned to do more tinkering in the future. since then no problems, but if you don't plan on playing with your exhaust then i suggest riveting as insurance, especially if your opting to eventually getting the stage 3.

Quick Reply: mopar exhaust and downpipe