Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Oil Leaking...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005 | 03:29 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker
Default RE: Oil Leaking...

ORIGINAL: LilSparkPlug

Personally, I think it is a valvetrain issue.....but Im just gonna wait until it blows up on me instead of dealing with dealers every single week of my life.

Maybe thats why I have no blowby. LMAO
I hope you get some resolution b4 it blows up, or that it blows up b4 it is out of warranty but gives you no trouble as a collateral result. Much luck with that.

I wonder if you have a bad oil exchanger or something...sounds like the engine might be starved for it - might be related to accident. Anything still crushed underneath????

Old 11-07-2005 | 07:23 PM
coyoteyz13
Veteran

Funny story about my catch can.

I was fixxing my broken motor mount when I disconected the hose off of my PCV valve. I fixxed the mount and closed the hood and took it for a test drive. While I was driving, I noticed that the car was Idling very funny. I got home and got out of the car with it still running, and I heard a hissing coming from under the hood. Duh, I forgot to hook the catch can back to the PCV. Well when I boosted, all of the oil in the catch can sprayed all over the place.[8D]

Old 11-08-2005 | 02:20 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: coyoteyz13

I was fixxing my broken motor mount when I disconected the hose off of my PCV valve. I fixxed the mount and closed the hood and took it for a test drive. While I was driving, I noticed that the car was Idling very funny. I got home and got out of the car with it still running, and I heard a hissing coming from under the hood. Duh, I forgot to hook the catch can back to the PCV. Well when I boosted, all of the oil in the catch can sprayed all over the place.[8D]
That sux for sure...must have been a mess.

Old 11-08-2005 | 03:01 PM
coyoteyz13
Veteran

ORIGINAL: posthondaremoval

ORIGINAL: coyoteyz13

That sux for sure...must have been a mess.
It wasn't that bad. I was just glad to figure out why my car was idling funny.

Old 11-10-2005 | 12:44 PM
manatlarge2
Rookie

Greedy makes the best catch can and the easiest to install, and drain. Just remember to drain it. And also, DiamlerChrysler's engineering department considers any catch can a potential fire hazard..remove it before you go to the dealer for servining or waranty work.

Quick Reply: Oil Leaking...