Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:56 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Upgrading Stereo Head unit!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Silverrt4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading Stereo Head unit!

Ok the other day I went to put in a CD and it took it (even though it had one in already) so now there are 2 cds stuck in the single cd input on the Stock head unit, I am just going to replace it, I am thinking about get the Panasonic MXE CQ-C7401U. Will the cd changer controls on the Panasonic MXE CQ-C7401U be able to be hooked up into the stock cd changer. I wanna upgrade but not have the cd changer just chillin not working, Help! Thanks

Old 11-26-2005, 02:33 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: Upgrading Stereo Head unit!

No aftermarket headunit can send and recieve signals from our factory 6-disc. Better off taking it to the dealer and having them put a new stock one in. Or buying a new HU and an aftermarket 6-disc.

Old 11-26-2005, 08:28 AM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

YUP - she is on point, mang. Unfortunately, aftermarket deck=no more indash changer.

One positive is you can gain a needed accesory pocket where it was if you do the aftermarket h/u.

Me - I am stuck with the stocker, since I don't want to let go of the in dash 6-disc, but lately, I am thinking about finally ditching it, since I have an Ipod for long trips, and want some better quality sound(although I am still not convinced). Generally, with a car this loud, though you won't be able to really benefit from the difference in fidelity, since your baseline noise levels are so high, you'll miss most of the sound you gain in a better h/u. You can get more of the old bling bass with an aftermarket h/u if that is your thing, but I personally could care less about other people hearing what I am listening to - i find those boom-boom cars totally obnoxious.

Old 11-26-2005, 08:24 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

I will tell you with all of the ASP configurations on my deck, which is Jensen in-dash DVD 40wx4max, 13wRMS, with a sub-output, the difference between my factory kicker system, and my friend Anthony's kicker system in his 05 is UNBELIEVEABLE. You can hear my sub from almost 100 feet away, where stock you can't hear it at all. You can tell that the highs are coming from the dash speakers because they're so much clearer than they were stock.

With just the addition of a headunit, its amazing. And for 800 bucks installed, with a 7" screen, digital surround sound hook-ups, and a DVD/MP3/CD player......you can't go wrong. So yeah I lost my 6-disc....but DAMN does my Kicker system sound good.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:43 AM
Silverrt4
Professional

SO you're telling me that that an Aftermarket H/U makes the Kicker system sound amazing?

Does the sub still work with an aftermarket H/U? Is it the same kinda hook up?

ORIGINAL: LilSparkPlug

I will tell you with all of the ASP configurations on my deck, which is Jensen in-dash DVD 40wx4max, 13wRMS, with a sub-output, the difference between my factory kicker system, and my friend Anthony's kicker system in his 05 is UNBELIEVEABLE. You can hear my sub from almost 100 feet away, where stock you can't hear it at all. You can tell that the highs are coming from the dash speakers because they're so much clearer than they were stock.

With just the addition of a headunit, its amazing. And for 800 bucks installed, with a 7" screen, digital surround sound hook-ups, and a DVD/MP3/CD player......you can't go wrong. So yeah I lost my 6-disc....but DAMN does my Kicker system sound good.

Old 11-27-2005, 02:04 AM
Wolfish
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Silverrt4

SO you're telling me that that an Aftermarket H/U makes the Kicker system sound amazing?

Does the sub still work with an aftermarket H/U? Is it the same kinda hook up?
Yes, please do tell. I have the Kicker as well and I've been thinking of swapping over. I don't want to lose the changer, but I'm willing to trade it off for a better sounding system.

Old 11-27-2005, 02:20 AM
whyte69
Veteran

the way I see it, I'd rather lose the 6 disc in-dash and gain the possibility of connecting my iPod to my car.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:07 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

If there was any possible way to capture it on video and show you guys the difference, I would. Yes, it sounds amazing, with so many different ways to "tune" the sound in my Jensen H/U you can hear the system loud and clear across a parking lot with the volume set at 18. And 18 isn't even half of what the H/U offers.

Yes all of the hookups are the same, its very easy to install. The sub works 100x better! To the point that your drink in the cupholders up front actually vibrates, as does you, the dash, the radar detector, and the seats! Before you were lucky if you could hear the sub inside the car, let alone outside of it. Now you can hear it outside of the car as well....clear as day.

The Jensen also comes with Digital surround sound hookups, for DVDs and regular music.

For the money I spent, I couldn't be happier. Like I said I got into my friend Anthonys 05 with the Kicker from the factory, and it sounded like pots and pans, and you couldn't hear the sub at all, even with the rear seat down on the passenger side.

Any ideas on how I can show you guys this through video??? Or maybe even an Mp3? Because I definitely will.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Silverrt4
Professional

I think capturing sound is a difficult task unless you have a digital recorder.

ORIGINAL: LilSparkPlug

Any ideas on how I can show you guys this through video??? Or maybe even an Mp3? Because I definitely will.

Quick Reply: Upgrading Stereo Head unit!