Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Stage 1 or 2?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 04:05 PM
glhs837
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stage 1 or 2?

Ask AGP what they recommend, they will know what their kit needs better than anyone.

Old 04-17-2004, 06:51 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

COOL

Old 04-19-2004, 05:50 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

You won't need the pump until you go bigger than s2 (which you probably know). You'll notice that Mopar doesn't worry about it until s3, when they replace the stock w/ a 75 psi pump (since they also replace the turbo w/ a larger compressor wheel [16%]). I'd ask whoever makes the kit what the requirements are for fuel flow- you certainly don't want to end up in a lean situation.
BTW, I spend a ton of time in DLand, mostly at Rhine-Main, where we stage to go downrange to the sandbox- we only get minivans to drive when we're there- I long for my SRT everytime I use an einfahrt.

Old 04-19-2004, 06:21 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is why he is getting the bigger pump and compressor, Stage 3 is 300 horsepower and he is looking for 315 or better horsepower.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:49 AM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

THX Barney & RoadRunner

Ill install the fuel pump before my S2 arrives.
There's still the question of a regulator.... As far as ive been reading, i wont need it till i achieve my goal. Am i right?

Peace

[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley2.gif]

One more thang!!! got one more "VICTIM" ............SWEET!!! 96 PROBE GT

Old 04-20-2004, 01:26 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

Yeah, I guess I was just saying use the money on something more applicable right now until you go bigger than s2...

I was doing some research and apparently the SRT regulator is sufficient for the Walboro pump. Check www. neonparts.net- they have some regulator solutions if you did decide to go with external regualtion- a replacement for the filter/regulator that is non-regulating and an adjustable regulator kit.

HOWEVER, I maintain my stand that if you're only putting on s2 right now, you should spend the 100 bucks on something else like a bushing kit or something, and then buy the pump later when you need it, but that's simply my humble opinion.

Old 04-20-2004, 04:14 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Sounds logical to me, maybe an underpully?

Old 04-20-2004, 08:57 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

Cool,
Thx for clearing that up for me... Guys...

Dust, i didnt know about the pulley.. sounds good.
KEEP RACIN'

Old 04-20-2004, 08:59 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

COOL
[sm=smiley20.gif]
ORIGINAL: Barneydriver

Yeah, I guess I was just saying use the money on something more applicable right now until you go bigger than s2...

I was doing some research and apparently the SRT regulator is sufficient for the Walboro pump. Check www. neonparts.net- they have some regulator solutions if you did decide to go with external regualtion- a replacement for the filter/regulator that is non-regulating and an adjustable regulator kit.

HOWEVER, I maintain my stand that if you're only putting on s2 right now, you should spend the 100 bucks on something else like a bushing kit or something, and then buy the pump later when you need it, but that's simply my humble opinion.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:45 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

be careful with the u-pulley- i was talking to one of the tuner guys at a shop here (now this is only a single source, so take it w/ a grain of salt, but it made sense to me- If anyone else knows more chime in) who said that there have been problems with the pulleys because of the higher rpm tearing up the other components- I know that's not a very detailed description, I wish I could remember more of what he said. He did also say, however, that a pulley on the srt 4 doesn't really show significant gains. So for whatever that's worth- something to think about anyway...

Quick Reply: Stage 1 or 2?