Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Stage 1 or 2?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 05:49 AM
Tipop
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1 or 2?

Anyway, tomorrow I'm making my second visit to the local dodge dealer and special ordering me an SRT-4. Sadly though it will take 6-8 weeks to get here. Anyway.
What stage kit should I get? I would get stage 2, although I will be driving this car moreso than not, and afraid it will be too hard on it and may just have to settle for stage 1. What's your all takes on this? This will be frequently drove, but will also probably take it to the track and play on the weekends after its broke in.

Old 04-17-2004, 12:19 PM
glhs837
Default RE: Stage 1 or 2?

If you go with S2 with turbo toys, you have two settings for lower boost levels, decreasing the wear and tear. Plus two launch modes (street tires or slicks) for the track days All from the Dial-A-Boost. There's also the race gas switch I would go for the Toys version of S2, heck, I already have Number 18 on the list. My car has 30, 15 of them with S1 on it. And I don't baby it

Old 04-17-2004, 01:45 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

Question?
i should be recieve S2 in the mail shortly. you have to have 100 oct to use the switch, right? im confuse about the "settings for lower boost levels" can u explain. also, 837, the launch mode.

thnx, man
ROACH
ORIGINAL: glhs837

If you go with S2 with turbo toys, you have two settings for lower boost levels, decreasing the wear and tear. Plus two launch modes (street tires or slicks) for the track days All from the Dial-A-Boost. There's also the race gas switch I would go for the Toys version of S2, heck, I already have Number 18 on the list. My car has 30, 15 of them with S1 on it. And I don't baby it

Old 04-17-2004, 02:04 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

ONE MORE THING... IM ABOUT TO INSTALL THE WALBRO FUEL PUMP. IS IT SAFE TO HAVE WITHOUT A REGULATOR? OR OK CAUSE I SOON HAVE THE S2?

THX
ORIGINAL: roach****a

Question?
i should be recieve S2 in the mail shortly. you have to have 100 oct to use the switch, right? im confuse about the "settings for lower boost levels" can u explain. also, 837, the launch mode.

thnx, man
ROACH
ORIGINAL: glhs837

Old 04-17-2004, 02:09 PM
glhs837

Roach, sorry to say, you might have a slightly longer wait for your kit, see the sticky thread about S2, I added what info I do have.
As far as the racegas switch, yep gotta be 100 octane. Quick rundown of the four settings. I do not have exact boost numbers, all the numbers below are approximations. The Pos lines are a description I got from a trusted source, the parentheses lines under each one are my guesses for levels, take with a HUGE grain of salt

Pos 3 = 1st and 2nd managed for drag radials and/or high grip otherwise max boost

(Since you get max grip from these, say 12 psi 1st gear, 14psi second, then max for 3rd through 5th)

Pos 2 = 1st and 2nd managed for OEM tire on regular dry road otherwise max boost

(Less grip so 10psi in 1st, 12psi in 2nd, then max.

Pos 1 = Mid boost

(Maybe 12-14 psi)

Pos 0 = Min boost

(Maybe 6-8 psi)

Keep in mind, you can adjust these while driving down the road. so if you find you have more or less traction, you can just dial in whichever suits best.

We have been told by Ethan Bayer that S2 could see 19-20 psi under certain conditions. Damn, this is gonna be FUN!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2004, 02:12 PM
glhs837

Roach,

I'm not sure why you think you need the Walboro pump? Since S2 does not require it, are you going someplace I am forgetting with your car?

Old 04-17-2004, 02:28 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

MY GOAL IS TO PUSH OVER 315HP, AT THE WHEELS. I WAS TOLD FROM, ONE OF MY FRIENDS THAT HAS AN AWD TALON, PUSHING 347HP, AT THE WHEELS, THAT AN UPGRADED FUEL PUMP AS THE WAY TO GO.
I TRUST HIM CAUSE OF HIS EXPERIENCE ON TUNNING. (HE HAS OVER 8 YRS). THAT'S WHY I ASKED...
I WAS TOLD MY S2 SHOULD BE HERE IN 10 WORKING DAYS.... IS THERE A DELAY?

Old 04-17-2004, 02:30 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

APPRECIATE ALL YA HELP

AND YES, 837... A WHOLE LOT OF FUN....
CANT WAIT TO HIT THE AUTOBAHN....

Old 04-17-2004, 03:00 PM
glhs837

So, what is the plan to get 315 out of the stock turbo? Most folks would say you can't get there with that. An upgraded compressor section?
If so, ask the folks over at the froums, I'm good at the bascis and theory, but when you get down to the details, I don't want to steer you wrong. Do be aware that some aspects of DSM turning are not applicable, especially the boost control stuff. You WILL need fuel to get there.

Old 04-17-2004, 03:09 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

A COMPRESSOR IS EXACTLY WHERE I WANT TO HEAD AFTER THE S2. HP RACING IS SELLING AN UPGRADE T-KIT, WITH ALL THE GOODIES. IMPORTPALACE IS SELLING FOR $2400. CHECK DA SITE. BUT, IM WAITING FOR AGPTURBO TO RESPOND TO A QUESTION I EMAILED. THEY HAVE THEIR KIT FOR $1700. (I'M SHOOTING FOR THEIR FMIC).
ITS COOL I HAVE THE PUMP THEN? BUT, HOW ABOUT THE REGULATOR?

Quick Reply: Stage 1 or 2?