Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

New SRT-4 on the streets

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 03:11 AM
Tipop
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New SRT-4 on the streets

See I don't have a problem if its around $350-$400 a month.. but going much higher than that, its going to be greater than my car payments, which is absolutly ridiculus.

Old 04-19-2004, 05:16 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

All right- I'll throw my $.02 in...
First on the kicker system- I usually do aftermarket systems on my cars, and ironically, I usually go with kicker components, so I decided to try the system out- I figured with the same replacement parts aftermarket I usually spend $1100-1400, so if it was decent it'd be a good deal (I think it was $700 or so extra, right?). Anyway, I have to say you get about what you pay for- It is a good system, but not amazing or anything. It's probably worth a little more than what you pay. BTW, I thought the bass was a little weak at first, so two tips- first, the sub is tied into the FRONT speakers via the fader- I couldn't figure out why when I'd fade to rear for more bass it just got quieter (I'm not terribly smart). Secondly, I leave the driver's side rear seat folded down, and you get much better bass sound that way.
Insurance-wise, if you happen to be military, USAA definitely has the best insurance rates. I'm 30 though, so that helps, but I pay $250/mo for my '04 SRT and my '02 Mitsu Montero Limited. Also, be sure to have your dealer activate the alarm (the car comes with it standard- your dealer may or may not know that)- that will save you some money as well. See srtforums.com if you need info on that. I tried to get the daytime running lights activated as well (they're standard in Canada), but apparently you have to change the computer to the Canadian market version (I'm sure someone else can give you more accurate info re: this- I'm not very knowledgeable there). That would save you money as well, but oh well...
Anyway, hope that helps a little.

Old 04-19-2004, 05:03 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Shop around, but be preapred to shell out $300 or more a month...[:'(][:@][:'(]

Old 04-19-2004, 06:27 PM
mopar222
Veteran

Uhmmm. If you go with an odd insurance company, mine Bristol West, With a suspended licence, dui, speeding, and a few other minor stuff on the record, it isn't bad at all. I pay 630 every 6 mounths. I am 26, so I get a little break. If they looked farther back all hell would break loose, my last insurance company flat out dropped me. The coverage is a little weak though. Check into that, not all are created equal. I went from a 100,000 worth of covereage, to 50,000. The law will state a minimal, but they really don't know. If you own a lot of stuff, or have tons of money, get more coverage, if not tell them to give you the least amount, and don't kill someone while your driving. It ain't that bad, and after 35 mounths of clear driving your all good. Good Luck

Old 04-19-2004, 08:08 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Laws vary from state to state, but $50,000 certainly isn't a realistic amount of coverage in these days of muti-million dollar law suits. [sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 04-19-2004, 08:21 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker

WOW, you guys pay alot for insurance. 31 years old and married and I pay 1200/year for the SRT and 1000/year for my wife's Blazer. I traded in a Grand Prix for the SRT and that was only 1100/year. I was under the impression that Michigan insurance rates were among the highest in the country (high theft rates and all), but it looks like Texas has us beat. Dustyloins, that sounds extremely high to me. You are older than me and haven't had a ticket in a long time, 2500/year is an aweful lot to pay for insurance. Maybe mine is less because of the multi-car and homeowners on one policy. I thought Ohio was alot less than Michigan too, but I guess not. I don't feel so bad about insurance anymore. The misery of others has brought me joy....is that wrong?

Danny

Old 04-19-2004, 08:49 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Not at all. The major reason car iinsurance is so high here is the large numbers of elderly drivers (San Antonio is loaded with retired civilians and military) and the very, very high car theft rate. They steal cars from here and drive them to Mexico, never to be seen again. Add to that a large number of "migrant" workers who seldom have a license and almost NEVER have insurance and the "average person" gets to pay for their desire to live like "Americans"...[:@]

Old 04-20-2004, 02:15 AM
Tipop
Professional

Well I check on insurance today at a few places and I found the one for me.
$214 a month or $1285 for 6 months. Bwhahahaha.
Gotta pay $309 up front though, or $235 if I let them draw the money straight from my bank account

Old 04-20-2004, 02:21 AM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to the world of high performance street cars....

Old 04-20-2004, 07:58 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is also based on where in the state you live, lower rates for lower crime areas. With nothing but green lights, I'm 5-8 minutes from the center of the city. Just imagine what the insurance on a Viper would cost.[sm=smiley5.gif]

Quick Reply: New SRT-4 on the streets