Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SRT-4 Owners... How many not Dodge fans & how many not FWD import fans?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005 | 09:46 PM
Andy4.7
|
Captain
Default SRT-4 Owners... How many not Dodge fans & how many not FWD import fans?

I was just thinking... I think theres one big reason that factors into every single owners desicion to buy the SRT-4, that of course being price & performance. But I also have a couple things I'm curious about...

It seems a lot of SRT-4 owners aren't necessarily Dodge fans first of all. Which is completely understandable considering the car the SRT-4 is, it's one of those cars you could sort of just fall into due to price/performance. So the first question is how many owners were NOT and possibly still aren't necessarily Dodge fans.

The second question is how many people were NOT and still aren't necessarily FWD/import fans?

Personally, I bought the SRT-4 because it's the fastest most performance oriented car Dodge offered in my price range. I had zero interest in any other make. Biggest downside is the FWD and the fact that generally I think the car falls under the impression that it's in the whole import type crowd. I'm not a fan of either and never have been and honestly probably never will lol. But with that said I have learned a lot from this car, I will admit I used to have that domestic v8 rwd type mindset but have learned that it's not the ONLY way and many other types of cars do deserve respect.

Old 12-24-2005 | 10:32 PM
STANMAN
Default RE: SRT-4 Owners... How many not Dodge fans & how many not FWD import fans?

I hate imports, I would never, ever buy one. I dislike FWD. I am a Mopar fan, however, having owned a 71 Challenger, and a 73 Duster, both with 340's BTW (best small block, EVER!). I needed something FWD for a winter car (my summer ride is an 05 Mustang GT), and realistically the only FUN car to drive, domestically, that has FWD is the SRT-4, so that's what I bought. If the SVT Focus had still been around, I probably would have bought that, since I can get one for cost. As far as GM, never have, never will, but I would drive one before an import!!!

Old 12-25-2005 | 01:12 AM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: SRT-4 Owners... How many not Dodge fans & how many not FWD import fans?

i can from mustangs, and as far as older cars go i'm really a plymouth girl, but i always liked dodges. i actually hate fwd, but it's grown on me since i bought the car.

i bought it because it had some power and was new. the insurance wasn't killer, and i could have some fun with it. i had been also looking at the svt focus, but then i drove one and it was such a let down that i just couldn't bring myself to buy it.

Old 12-25-2005 | 01:53 AM
05srt4acr

I got into mine because every wannabe racer in town has some sort of honda with any kind of engine swap u could think of. They all race at a dragstrip around here and i just got tired of hearing all they're jibber jabber about how fast they were. I destroyed all of them in my new srt!!! I used to be a big v8 muscle head, but this little gem changed my mind. even though all the v8's are out of my race class, we still take it to the streets and the srt gained mad respect when it raped this dudes cobra!!!

Old 12-25-2005 | 03:28 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I have and always will be Mopar or no car, but there are a few exceptions (I'll take almost any car if it's free). The SRT-4 won me over with it's performance as well as it's looks, except for it being a four door. I always have and always will prefer a RWD V8 coupe, but I don't have a problem with FWD.

Old 12-25-2005 | 03:03 PM
05dodgesrt4
Professional

i have always been a dodge fan my whole family works at chrysler so that helps i do like the imports but i think the srt-4 is breaking away from that a few articles i read about it all refered to it as a modern day muscle car believe it or not

Old 12-26-2005 | 05:01 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I wouldn't call it a muscle car, but it does have the right general formula right. The most basic part of a muscle car is that it has high horsepower, even higher torque and is very affordable, which the SRT-4 is and has. The other parts required to be a muscle car is a V8, RWD, only 2 doors and being mid-sized. There are always exceptions to the rules, but that is the most detailed, yet basic list of the rules.

Old 12-26-2005 | 08:56 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

I've grown up in a DCX family, and I absolutely love Dodge, inside and out, and every vehicle they've come out with these past few years. My first car was a brand new Stratus R/T Coupe in Evergreen pearlcoat, damn how I loved that car. Then I made the stupid mistake of buying a Miata for 30 grand. Yeah a special edition, number 710 of 1549 ever made. Beautiful car, fun to drive, yet still when I saw the 04 SRT-4 in the showroom of the dealer I worked for, I had to have one, it HAD to be black, and so on and so forth.

Heres the current lineup of vehicles in my family:
Dad - 2004 Durango Hemi Limited - Black fully loaded and modded
Mom - 2002 Chrysler 300M - White fully loaded
Brother - 1999 Ram 1500 Magnum V8 - Black fully loaded and modded
Me - 2004 SRT-4 Black, loaded and modded

Yeah.....and my 6 year old brother wants a mustang [:'(]

And attached heres some pix of my past cars

[IMG]local://upfiles/8899/2A3F422B8494452CA03D1877BDEFD7E4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8899/5B9DE633893049E9AACCAAA8FF72B23A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8899/FD65DC65A25C4D6C9259F3FA1A8842EA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8899/2A0C6977D4B140C2ADEB747988BF471E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-26-2005 | 09:42 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend

You are a very rare type and we need more like you around.

Old 12-26-2005 | 11:08 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Well...Im not too caring of what I drive even though I may hate it...Ive come from a family of chrysler fanatics and they bought theirs more for reliabilty and all. My dad had a Fury, Ram, Caravan, Omni, Plymouth Turismo, Ares, Dynasty, New Yorker....yada yada. My grandparents drive nothing but chryslers except maybe one year they had a windstar van....very odd for them. I inherited my dads fury as my first Car RWD 4 Door booger green 1970-1 It was uggly but had potential to look sweet since I liked the custom RESTO look. But the motor went in it ... all original 318 and it lasted 30+ years...so I couldnt complain. 2nd car was an Aries, 3rd car was another Aries, 4th car was an Omni, 5th car was a 91 Plymouth Sundance, 6th car was a 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse, 7th car was a Chevy S-10, 8th car was a 98 Ford F-150, 9th car was a Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 10th Car was a 85 Honda Accord, 11th car was a 2000 honda Civic, 12th Car was a 1987 Plymouth Grand Voyager, 13th car was a 99 Nissan Altima Gxe, 14th Car was a 1995 Plymouth Neon w/ 97 R/T swap, 15th car was a 1991 Nissan Sentra SER, 16th car is a 1998 Dodge Neon R/T, 17th car is a 1989 Honda Accord, 18th car is 1996 Saturn SL2...I have owned a few others but as soon as I picked em up I've immediately sold them to make a little bit of money. Oh! I forgot about my 1991 Honda Civic... So out of all the cars I have owned they all have their strengths and weeknesses. Being FWD or RWD isnt that big of deal w/ normal driving. And I cant complain about ricers or domestics as I have owned both. The reliability factor in Ricers are kinda the same deal w/ domestics. At some point they will break it just takes regularly scheduled PMs to keep them running in top shape. At some point I want a Horsepower freak of nature be it FWD RWD OR AWD...

Quick Reply: SRT-4 Owners... How many not Dodge fans & how many not FWD import fans?