Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

wheel of less fortune

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006 | 11:47 PM
wordslayer
|
Captain
Default wheel of less fortune

Just though I'd make a quick post on how my gold type wheels have been received.

From most of the comments from co-workers and pseudo friends, the consensus is:

They hate them.

Some of the comments that I have received:

*Gold??? Why Gold??? (my response, to keep from further criticism is, "they aren't gold, they are bronze)

*Gold doesn't match anything else on your car

*Are you going to get a raccoon steering wheel cover?

*You should get your teeth to match them

*White and Gold just don't go together. (funny,,,,why is it so many caucasion people buy gold jewelry)

*The guts of the wheel show through. I can see your entire brake. (that's from my mother. I don't mind criticism so much from her)

*I guess you don't have to worry about anyone stealing them.

*Put a stripe or something on your car in gold to tie it all together. (It's a car not an episode of trading spaces)

I guess I shouldn't get too upset about it, because this is Kentucky. I probably should have gotten wheels that are more in the color of coal or something.

I am the kind of guy that doesn't take myself very seriously, so the comments don't bother me too much, but damn, I would like for someone to think they looked good.

But,,,oddly enough, I still like them.

I've been having this dream where I stop in to get gas and as I am pumping gas, people gather around to admire my car. They gaze in wide wonder at the beauty of the wheels. Old men love them, women love them, children want to touch them. They are magical. They have the power of healing. And then,,,,I wake up. I am either too progressive, or I am too stupid to see that they are ugly. I hope it's the former.

Old 01-06-2006 | 11:52 PM
Andy4.7
Captain
Default RE: wheel of less fortune

Damn, well we like them! I saw a white one on srtforums with bronze rims yesterday looked good aswell. It's a different look than usual, so I guess I can understand some peoples feelings on them though.

Old 01-07-2006 | 01:24 AM
black4
Record Breaker

post some pics id like to see them.

Old 01-07-2006 | 01:37 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I hear comments like that about my SRT-4 all the time.....

Hey, I thought you were a cop!

You going undercover or something?

Enjoy your mid-life crisis!!!!

Dad, can I have your car when you die?

Hey, it's your car. Put pink wheels on it if you want. Bottom line is, do whatever makes you feel good (as long as it's legal!!) and the rest of the world can go to you know where. Personally, I would put the most stock in what my "main squeez" said more than anyone else.

My mom doesn't understand my SRT-4 either.

Dusty

Old 01-07-2006 | 03:09 AM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: wordslayer

*Gold doesn't match anything else on your car

*Are you going to get a raccoon steering wheel cover?

*You should get your teeth to match them

*The guts of the wheel show through. I can see your entire brake. (that's from my mother. I don't mind criticism so much from her)

I guess I shouldn't get too upset about it, because this is Kentucky. I probably should have gotten wheels that are more in the color of coal or something.
Nice. Great reading. I especially liked the "mom" comment about being able to see the brake,lol.

Old 01-07-2006 | 02:16 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

who cares what anyone else thinks. it's your car do whatever you want with it.

Old 01-07-2006 | 02:48 PM
flameredsrt
Veteran

I think the gold looks good on the white....props to WORD on the choice of color.[sm=signs007.gif]

Old 01-08-2006 | 03:52 PM
wordslayer
|
Captain

thanks for the comments, folks.

It's like PSI said, shouldn't really matter what anyone else thinks about it, because I do like them. I think what it is,,,,,have you ever gone to a movie or something that you really loved, and then you tell your friends about it, because you liked it so much that you just KNOW they will, but you later found out they thought it sucked? Well,,,I think it's more along the lines of that. It doesn't make you dislike the movie, but you just wish that everyone saw the pleasure in it that you did.

On a sidenote, rent the awesome movie called "From Justin and Kelly." OMG,,,,you will freaking love it!

am tickled

Old 01-08-2006 | 09:41 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

It DEFINITELY doesnt matter what anyone else thinks about it!!!

And tell them Mopar makes a brake upgrade in Gold...you'll have to get that so they match.

Bronze looks gorgeous on white See:

Old 01-09-2006 | 12:51 AM
black4
Record Breaker

not bad not bad at all.

Quick Reply: wheel of less fortune