Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Question about stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006 | 04:15 PM
Falconadam71
Default Question about stage 2

I am interested in getting stage two. I was wondering what would be the best way to do it. Have a private company put it in or go to my dealership. thanks

Old 01-27-2006 | 05:27 PM
Gump
Record Breaker
Default RE: Question about stage 2

if you like having money go private.. if you like wasting it... dealer. if your #2 i say go private anyway send remander of wallet here.

Old 01-27-2006 | 05:51 PM
FSTSRT4

Depends, if you have a local shop familiar with the SRT-4 and Stage installs, I would take the car there. Otherwise your stuck with the dealership. Also, I wouldn't take the car to just any jo blow, the wiring required if you get the turbo toys takes some time. If you happen to live in Arizona I can recommend a good shop.

Now, if its stage 2 without toys, you can do that yourself.

Old 01-27-2006 | 06:31 PM
got boost?
Professional

You can do Stage 2 with toys by your self as long as you know what you're doing... theres a couple of "how to stage II" threads around... if I remember correctly theres one that shows the S2 w/toys install.

Good Luck!

Old 02-02-2006 | 12:04 PM
conanlove1

Trust me, dont do it yourself, i leared my lesson, damn, when you pulled out the connectors out of your computer, you couldnt put them back in for some reason, just couldnt lock them in place, and the waste gate was a bitch, if your car is brand new then ok to do it, but after a while all the bolts are rusted and **** damn, and NO SPACE. Talking about the injectors, oh my god, eventhough i air spray everything, still i got some debris in the chamber and i had to vaccum them out. My advise is just spend 200 dollars and relax man.

Old 02-02-2006 | 03:13 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

some patience and a good set of tools and you'll be fine to do it yourself. the basics only take an hour or two to install, it's the toys that take a while. but mopar wrote the instructions so a monkey could install it, so as long as you are careful and read the directions you'll be fine.

Old 02-02-2006 | 04:56 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

patience and some moderate skill required... stage 2 w/toys can be installed with a full days work or so... might help to have a friend there with the install... someone to reread the directions and give advice, plus someone to grab the wrench for you ;-)

Old 02-03-2006 | 04:08 PM
conanlove1

a monkey could do it??? [:@] ouch, that's hurt. First of all you have to really be careful with the injectors because all the debris around them, the heat shield was...... sigh, and talking about mopar instructions there are no detail pics to desbribe the jobs and its very easy for them to write it down to the paper. just go to some private shop that you trust and relax ok. trust me.

Old 02-03-2006 | 06:42 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

i've installed three s2 w/toys...i know exactly what it takes. i know what the directions look like, diagrams and all. some patience and decent tools is all you need. a shop will charge over $500 for something you can do yourself in your driveway. if you've never worked on a car before or are not comfortable doing so, then it would be a very good idea to have others around that can help, and not to mention to go on beer runs because you end up taking lots of breaks!!!

Old 02-03-2006 | 06:49 PM
bigham
Veteran

psi is that an invitation to bring mine up and get you to help put it on i dont mind the long drive

Quick Reply: Question about stage 2