Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Another HID question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006 | 12:47 AM
fhblake04
|
Professional
Default Another HID question.

I searched and found a few threads and I kina have grasp on if I want them or not but here’s a few questions. The regular kits are just low beam, or are they both? I see at blinglights.com its $100 extra to get hi/low. I've also heard some nasty stories of people melting headlights and damaging other parts of the vehicle, has anyone damaged their SRT-4 with them? So guys and gals, yay or nay?

Old 02-03-2006 | 02:59 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: Another HID question.

Ive had mine in my car for almost a year now. My headlights have never melted nor have they cracked. They get a "foggy" spot right above where the bulb sits but other than that, nothing.

I love mine. I have the 8000K VHO kit from Blinglights. When I bought mine I was the first with the 8000K VHO kit, now I DONT have the hi-beams, Its a single beam. Paul (RIPSIGUY) seems to think they arent bright enough, but for me....I dont NEED the high-beams these are awesome. Heres some pictures. If you want any more pictures, Let me know. These pictures are with eyelids on, without eyelids they're brighter.

These have a "blue" tint to them

Second picture down is my HIDS versus Sylvania Silverstars in an Eblue SRT at stock height.

Old 02-03-2006 | 04:32 AM
fhblake04
|
Professional

Where did you get the LED turn signal lights from? Thanks for all the pictures and your help.

Old 02-03-2006 | 11:10 AM
bigham
Veteran

i think i seen parts of a nasty little beast

Old 02-03-2006 | 02:23 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

i just ordered a srt of 6k's...can't wait for them to come in

Old 02-03-2006 | 08:26 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

superbrightLEDS.com, 12-LED white turn signals they're the ones in my sig

Old 02-04-2006 | 12:00 AM
fhblake04
|
Professional

Thanks guys and gals. I'm still not sure what I want to do. First thing is investing in a rather nice radar detector. One with KU band, I’m leaning towards the Belltronics 65. Then I'm not sure what I want to do, if I want to go with aesthetics or performance. I'm thinking about getting sways from progressive. Saw someone had them for $270 front and rear shipped on EBay. I definitely want the HID's though. High and Low, and just 6k (want to keep it low and stock looking). Thanks again!

Old 02-04-2006 | 02:23 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

The 6ks still arent stock looking, if you want stock looking go with the 4300Ks (the whitest ones) , 6000K is a bit purple, 8000K is blue. (*** backwards, yes but thats how it goes with these kits). And they're very very bright (be prepared to get high-beamed often).

I dont like the progressive sways, I installed them in an SRT last year and for some reason they didnt fit as well as I thought they should. Thats just my opinion though. Anyone else on here have them for a second opinion for Blake?

I went aesthetics with minor performance.

Old 02-04-2006 | 01:29 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Meh....HIDs are nice. But I think I'll wait for a set of projectors first. If I don't ever get any projectors...then I'll just stick with my wannabe hid bulbs.

Quick Reply: Another HID question.