Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

VFIBER.COM (BEWARE) GARBAGE

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:12 AM
MYSRT4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VFIBER.COM (BEWARE) GARBAGE

Ok heres the deal Wrecked my 03 SRT on 1/6/06 and have been in the market to get a unique look to my car since it was going to be repaired so I started to look around in magazines for carbon fiber and fiber glass stuff. I ended up getting a hood from modern performance "GREAT HOOD" and also got some fiber glass X1 fenders from Vision Auto Dynamics or Vfiber.com. What a mistake these guys are thw worst company known to man. First off the product looks nothing like what is displayed fact is i took the fenders to 3 different body shops to look at them and they all laughed at them. The first thing they said is they looked like someone made these in a garage at home. The other is the time to prep the before they could put any paint on is "my god" 12 to 15 hours per fender is the least amount of time the highest was 20 to 24 hours per fender and this is 3 professional body shops hear in the local area. So I said to my body shop that I did not want to spend 1000 bucks per fender to have them installed to send them back. So my body shop called Vision Auto Dynamics to send them back they said that you pay for what you get 199.00 for the fenders. So my body shop said that they have never had to pay 199.00 for fiber glass garbage before they want to return them. Vision Auto Dynamics wont buck up and pay for shipping or even half of the shipping so it is going to cost me over 180 bucks to ship it back to them as much as the fenders cost. I know you have some prep time when you buy fiber glass I have done it before but the most I have ever encountered was 10 hours for 2 fenders. These Fenders were terrible the worst any shop that looked at them had ever seen. SO BEWARE OF VISION AUTO DYNAMICS OR VFIBER.COM[:@]

Old 02-07-2006, 02:20 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: VFIBER.COM (BEWARE) GARBAGE

Damn thats pretty bad, you wouldve been better off at a junkyard if that was the case. You have any pictures of these fenders? I've never seen anything take that long to prep....at all, ever. Not for just a fender. Or were they raw fiberglass?

Old 02-07-2006, 07:21 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I've always been happy with Modern Performance. Since they're less than 200 miles away means I get my stuff fast!!!!

Dusty

Old 02-08-2006, 02:02 AM
MYSRT4
Professional

ORIGINAL: LilSparkPlug

Damn thats pretty bad, you wouldve been better off at a junkyard if that was the case. You have any pictures of these fenders? I've never seen anything take that long to prep....at all, ever. Not for just a fender. Or were they raw fiberglass?
no I do not believe that it was raw fiber glass. They were wavy and the roll up top were it meets up with the hood was terrible and where it meets up with the head lights did not match up with the lights. I was going to get new fenders from dodge but i decided to go flashy rather than stock against everyones opinion including my body shop. my body shop told me dont by fiber glass unless you look at it before you buy but I didnt. Now I look like an ***

Old 02-08-2006, 02:14 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

By any chance did you check them out thru the BBB or ask around???

Dusty

Old 02-08-2006, 02:47 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

they prolly didnt spray in a mold they prolly used fibercloth and spread fiberglass over it to shape based off of an existing fender off the market as bad as that sounds. Ive seen cheap then Ive seen really cheap jobs and some im sorry to say should be sued over quality reasons. Try Outlook Concepts or Eracings.com they might have some for you relatively inexpensive. I've dealt w/ them over 2 years and havent had a problem. Just go through and check their policies on their site before you ever make a decision. Sorry to hear you got stiffed.

Quick Reply: VFIBER.COM (BEWARE) GARBAGE