Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SRT-4 Fraud

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 07:04 PM
moparman04
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SRT-4 Fraud

LSP I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS! HERE IS MY HVAC

Old 03-26-2006, 08:24 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: LilSparkPlug

ORIGINAL: jac05srt4

they are a regualr neon with hub caps, the only thing different is that there our hood and spoiler on it. the exhaust is small and the front and rear bumpers are regular neon so the exhaust just hangs there. the ones i have seen also say srt in the black plastic insert of the scoop, they do not say 2.4 turbo. i dont like them one bit, it just makes people that dont know a difference between ours and those think they are the same. what an understatement.
100% wrong.

It has a bumper modeled off of an SRT-4 bumper, its not a regular neon bumper

The rear bumper is similar to a stock neon, but it has dual exhaust outlets rather than single.

Its a dual exhaust setup with a muffer, similar to that of the old R/T neons

It does have the SRT-4 spoiler

NOWHERE on it does it claim to be an SRT-4

It has an SRT-4 hood, but I dont think its functional.

It has rims, not hubcaps.

It also loses its body side mouldings

Another difference in the bumper is that it doesn't have the nostrils on both sides of the dodge emblem like the SRt does. Don't get pissed SRt folks that dodge made a wannabe srt4....take it as a compliment. And it will make more people think...is that one or not? Dunno...guess you'll find out when we go from a stop. Someone around my town is basically copying my car. I was driving one day and a black neon that looked almost exactly like mine went the other way....wtf. Oh well...guess he wants to be like me. HAHA. LOw and SLOW!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2006, 12:35 AM
resevil
Rookie

Saw one today....

[IMG]local://upfiles/31114/A4ACD25B218448C492978AE77ACAD97C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-27-2006, 05:34 AM
mxrnick
Veteran

why would some one buy one of those. are they really $20,000. if so why dont they spend the extra grand and get a real SRT-4?

Old 03-27-2006, 11:43 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: mxrnick

why would some one buy one of those. are they really $20,000. if so why dont they spend the extra grand and get a real SRT-4?
You ever thought that maybe they just liked the look? I personally love the way the SRT-8 300C looks, but I honestly dont want to spend all that money for it. The wheels and bodykit are what makes it so appealing to me. There are lots of people who like the look but dont necessarily want the power.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:26 PM
300ZXSRT4
Captain

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

You ever thought that maybe they just liked the look? I personally love the way the SRT-8 300C looks, but I honestly dont want to spend all that money for it. The wheels and bodykit are what makes it so appealing to me. There are lots of people who like the look but dont necessarily want the power.
So you would pay 5K for a body kit?

I think this particular dealership is overcharging for the car. I have heard from other people that they go for around 16.5K-17K

Old 03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: 300ZXSRT4

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

So you would pay 5K for a body kit?
It's not just the body kit. You are also getting the y pipe dual exhaust outlet, the hood, the wing, and THEN the remaining body kit. Not to mention its on an SXT, not the base model.

My point wasnt about the cost, but simply that some people want the look. How many times have you seen some idiot with a beater with $4k in rims on the car? I see it all the time. I didnt say I would do it, but I can understand why some people would want it. Look at all the owners of Neons who dont have an SRT-4 looking to get the hood or tails or gauges from the SRT-4's and owners as it is...

I wouldnt argue that its overpriced, but I can understand a persons desire for the look of it.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:25 PM
300ZXSRT4
Captain

Whatever makes people happy.....

Old 03-27-2006, 02:48 PM
BigE
Veteran

The Srt - design cars should come with a warning.

*Warning - everyone in a WRX, EVO and Mustang will try and race you, sorry in advance for your loss.*

Old 03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
moparman04
Captain

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]ROFL!!![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Quick Reply: SRT-4 Fraud