Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Mods Void warranty :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 03:36 AM
morf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods Void warranty :(

This sucks i just talked to my dealer here in shreveport LA and By the way. they are doing a hardcore sale. they said they will sale fully loaded for like 20000$ which means with millitary discount i could get for 19250$ but i still gota wait till october. anyway back to the point. My dealer told me that if i do any mods on the car that are not mopar or chrysler then they will void my warrenty. that sucks. so like which mods you have recommended are not mopar? if any? i know the BOV is and There are Exhaust that are mopar . is the catch can?

Old 05-25-2004, 03:38 AM
morf
Default RE: Mods Void warranty :(

I forgot this.. they sad if i do any mods that are not mopar and if i don't have the dealer do it... so no cheap installs for me!

Old 05-25-2004, 08:25 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are lying to you. It doesn't matter what mods you do or who puts them on, they CANNOT void your warranty. From Chrysler themselves, here is an exact quote from the Mopar Street Essentials Catalog on page 4, paragraph 3: "Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle's warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle's warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicle's warranty."

NO aftermarket (including Mopar Performance) parts are covered by the vehicle's warranty and neither is the labor for having it put on, dealership or otherwise. However, they cannot void the vehicle's warranty just because it has aftermarket parts on it. The ONLY way they can void a warranty claim is to prove that the failure is a direct result of the aftermarket part/s.

So if you put on a CAI kit and the engine throws a rod, they have to cover it under the vehicle's warranty, because there is no way they can blame it on the CAI kit. But if the engine sucks up water and causes it to hydrolock and bend/break the rods, then your screwed, because the CAI kit would be the direct cause of the failure. Since the CAI puts the air filter so close to the ground, far more than the stock air box set up, that that is the reason why it was able to suck up the water and that it would not have happened with the stock air box. The burden of proof is on them, if they cannot prove that it was the direct cause for the failure, then they have to fix it under the vehicle's warranty.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 05-25-2004, 03:07 PM
byebye
Veteran

Took the words right out of my mouth. I show my service department here everytime I do somthing to my car. I change my own oil also so really I don't use them. Always do alot of research on parts for your car and the pros and cons of using them before you put it on. Sometimes some parts are easier and better to put on than others so just read up on it.

Old 05-25-2004, 04:42 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

RR is right. The dealer is BSing you to get more business for his parts and service department. You may want to carry a copy of what RR quoted whenever you go in for service work though....might save some hassle.[&:]

Old 05-25-2004, 05:48 PM
morf

sweet!!!!!!!

Old 05-26-2004, 12:23 AM
doof432
Veteran

as 71RR said, and everyone else, that guy is full of "poop". He is just trying to get some extra xash from you, you can do anything you want to your car and unless they can prove that caused it, it is under warrenty. Also, if they say it did cause it, you have the right to get a second opinion from any certified mechanic you want...

Old 05-26-2004, 02:04 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

I wouldn't give that dealer your business- he knows better than that, and if he's trying to take advantage of you before you even buy the car just think what kind of crap he might try to pull during the sale. I would just walk away and tell all your friends not to do business there. Check around and see if anyone else will match the price, and if not, trust me, it's worth an extra 500 or 1000 dollars to know you're being treated honestly, because you'll probably end up forking out more than that by the time this guy gets done. I fu**ing HATE car salesmen (no offense to you honest ones out there, I know you do exist).

Old 05-27-2004, 06:59 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And just in case you would like, here is a link to the catalog itself. This way you can print out their own page to shove under their noses.[sm=smiley2.gif]

http://www.mopar.com/StreetCatalog.pdf

Old 05-27-2004, 06:11 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I printed out a copy and put it in the glove compartment....[sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Mods Void warranty :(