Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

New to the Family

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006 | 01:53 AM
turbobaby18
Default RE: New to the Family

It a stock Srt-4 I dont know why the guy put that badge on it. If I dont plan on doing to much work to the car no time soon, what does everyone think about just getting a bov, intake and stage 1 pcm.

Old 04-08-2006 | 02:11 AM
Racevette77
Professional

Definately a nice start.
I dont plan on modding my SRT-4 Much either but i will be doin those mods you mentioned but i may up my PCM to a Stage 2 and such later.

Intake and BOV are my first choices comming soon.

Old 04-10-2006 | 05:12 AM
turbobaby18

Could I install the mopar BOV myself or should I just go to the shop and have them through it in? I want to hear it and if I don't like it I'll get something else.

Old 04-10-2006 | 06:38 AM
Gump
Record Breaker

You will not notice any performance difference with a new bov, so its really only a sound maker until you get a lot farther in mods. If you can work a wrench you can install the mopar bov, use sealant and do it correctly and you shouldnt have a problem.

You could have s2 and a boost leak. so check the wastegate like said eairler and the pcm. if your in the mood pop out the injectors and check the color on them and that will tell you.

my opinion for bovs: id only get a hks, tial, or greddy (type rs not s... s is for ricers) i really dont like turbo xs.

Quick Reply: New to the Family