Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Extreme Concept (Post #2)!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 12:49 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Extreme Concept (Post #2)!

Here is more information I found on the 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Extreme Concept that debut at SEMA this past fall!

The asphalt-kicking sport compact Neon SRT-4 is pushed to the next level with this Extreme project car shedding pounds and bulking up its muscles. Extensive use of lightweight carbon fiber and composite parts has reduced the weight of the Dodge SRT-4 dramatically - by an estimated 500 pounds compared to the production SRT-4. More exciting is that the SRT-4 Extreme features a prototype edition of a potential future Mopar Performance turbo upgrade kit and a ride-height-lowering Mopar Stage 3 coilover suspension kit. The project car also features a Mopar short-throw shifter, Mopar blow-off valve kit, Borla catalyst-delete resonator, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup race tires, brake kit from StopTech, SSR semi-solid forged wheels, six-point harness from TeamTech, Recaro race seats and Moroso detachable steering wheel. Equipped with a subtle body kit, it features a subtle bright silver metallic exterior, with lightweight carbon fiber hood, deck lid, front and rear fascias and door assemblies. Created with the track in mind, the SRT-4 Extreme also demonstrates the Neon's street potential.

Source Motor Trend:

redriderbob

Old 06-02-2004, 01:05 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Extreme Concept (Post #2)!

Yup, it's neat to see that and realize that most of the mods are available now!!!! I've got some on my SRT-4!!!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-24-2004, 02:34 PM
2K4SRT_4

I am going to get a different hood. I mean i like that OEM hood. But after being in japan for 2 years. Cooling the engine, instead of the turbo is the why to go. I just want to know what else is reduce on the car besides truck and hood?

Old 06-24-2004, 03:15 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

Yeah, so do i. Im done for now on my engine...now ill work on my suspension. Though the Carbon Fiber looks good(SCOOP), its not design like the factory as it directs the air flow over the Turbo. the CF does not. Unless there's a newer type.
ORIGINAL: dustyloins

Yup, it's neat to see that and realize that most of the mods are available now!!!! I've got some on my SRT-4!!!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-24-2004, 03:20 PM
2K4SRT_4

The CF hood OEM does have the duct work. Look on modern performance web site. they have one. but, i am looking at the one with the 3 slots in it.[sm=smiley27.gif]

Old 06-25-2004, 08:36 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It only has the opening for the scoop insert on the CF hood, it does not have the ducting that plumbs the air directly to the turbo.

Old 06-25-2004, 11:31 AM
2K4SRT_4

this is what modern performance put for there oem hood. This hood, manufactured by Fiber Images, is of the highest quality.

The hood retains all functionality (except windshield squirters), and will use the factory trim piece for the hood scoop.

Take time to review these pictures closely. You will notice no short cuts in their manufacture. Take notice of the deep glossy clear coat. You will notice very few if any flaws. No black banding around the edges, just pure carbon fiber.

The underside of the hood is finished like the factory steel piece. All under hood ducting to cool the turbo is present and functional.

Note: Hood pins may be required, check your local laws and statues.

this is a direct quote from there web site

Old 06-27-2004, 07:27 AM
Gargoile
Professional

ORIGINAL: 2K4SRT_4

this is what modern performance put for there oem hood. This hood, manufactured by Fiber Images, is of the highest quality.

The hood retains all functionality (except windshield squirters), and will use the factory trim piece for the hood scoop.

Take time to review these pictures closely. You will notice no short cuts in their manufacture. Take notice of the deep glossy clear coat. You will notice very few if any flaws. No black banding around the edges, just pure carbon fiber.

The underside of the hood is finished like the factory steel piece. All under hood ducting to cool the turbo is present and functional.

Note: Hood pins may be required, check your local laws and statues.

this is a direct quote from there web site

Fiber Images do make a good hood. I am saving my money to buy a silver CF hood to match my silver srt-4

Old 06-27-2004, 06:49 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your right, that hood that they make has the under hood ducting and I apologize, I was wrong. I thought that this was the same hood used by Sport Compact Car magazines project SRT-4, which doesn't have the under hood ducting. But the problem is with this hood your paying only for looks since it has a steel underside and is only slightly lighter, if any at all, than the stock steel hood. Most CF and FG hoods are a lot lighter in weight due to the elimination of all of the steel, especially the underside bracing. I cannot see paying almost $600 for a lighter look, besides I've never cared for the CF look, to me it looks like the modern day plaid. It's a great light weight and strong material that I would like to use, but I would have to paint it.

Old 06-28-2004, 10:28 PM
jackhole 101
Rookie

Im with you RR...the CF look is kinda cliche, but I would love to have some on my car as long as no one knew about it...(paint)

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Extreme Concept (Post #2)!