Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

What is my salvaged SRT-4 worth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 05:08 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is my salvaged SRT-4 worth?

ORIGINAL: greenmeanie

I too think its odd that Adam hasn't posted anything in nearly a month. He was a regular fixture on this forum and he said that he wasn't seriously hurt in the accident. With regard to the cause of the accident, and as much as I hate to believe it, i also think that it was improper maintenance. [&o][&o]
I think it is suprising to hear someone point fingers like that. Thanks greenmeanie,

It is true I haven't been on in a while - and I appologise for that. Life beyond the internet has thrown me some steep curveballs lately.

At the time of my accident, I had been dealing with a number of personal obstacles that were pretty insurmountable, when the accident happened, the rest fell apart. I was fired from my job due to a break down, and lack of performance because of said issue. I lost my wife to be 2 days b4 the job vaporized(she left, not died, btw). My father went in for unexpected quad bypass surgery shortly after that. And a number of other unfortunate things happened on top of those things. So excuse me if the car became less of a priority.,

I still have some parts to sell - but not the whole car - unfortunately - I let them take it for salvage after working on it to return the stock parts and get the aftermarket stuff - I A)just didn't want to look at it anymore - it was depressing, and B) don't own a garage or place to store it and didn't know the first thing about shipping an engine, tranny, or chassis.

So - I will post up a list of things that i have left for sale soon.

Anyone else - thank you for your support.

Greenmeanie - think 2x before throwing words - you have no idea what you are talking about in this situation.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:11 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: black4

i hope not i would love to hear it was inproper maintinence because i have the feeling it was.
not at all man - still haven't figured out the issue - the lawyers have been taking their good old time in even getting a=out an investigator.

It is going to be tough to prove that the problem was caused by a failure though - because the failure area is what was demolished in the accident though. So bad driving, part failure, whatever - it might not matter - there may be no settlement because of the nature of the accident.

As far as improper maintenance - the car had 33,000 miles, and was serviced regularly, and proactively, at a very good dealership - the mechanic even has a srt-4 and knows them very very well - he saw it no less than every 3000 miles - sometimes more.

ttys man

Old 05-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Plan B
Captain

Very understandable circumstances, sorry to hear all that. I would of put the car on the back burner as well! I've heard things happen in threes, but it seams you have hit fours. All that means is that it can only go up from here! Glad to hear from ya though, everyone was wondering about your whereabouts.....

Old 05-25-2006, 05:46 PM
BB
Professional

Posthondaremoval,
Sorry to hear about things. First I would like to wish your Dad a speedy recovery. Secondly i'm sorry about the job and from experience you will get a better one. Thirdly, sorry about the car. My lawsuit about the seatbelt didn't work 'cause we couldn't prove that either. Fourth, you will find a better girl - believe me. Lastly, I wish you good luck on all the above.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:49 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BB

Posthondaremoval,
Sorry to hear about things. First I would like to wish your Dad a speedy recovery. Secondly i'm sorry about the job and from experience you will get a better one. Thirdly, sorry about the car. My lawsuit about the seatbelt didn't work 'cause we couldn't prove that either. Fourth, you will find a better girl - believe me. Lastly, I wish you good luck on all the above.
X2
[sm=signs003.gif][sm=signs003.gif][sm=signs003.gif]

Old 05-25-2006, 09:16 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

Thanks for the encouraging words. My fingers are crossed for me too, . Oy vais - well - time to start the old standby approach to trouble - when life gives you lemons...you know...make lemonade.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:28 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

BTW - For those asking -I did get a new car.

I am now driving this new 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE. Luckily - turns out - I know a few peeps at the Nissan dealership near me, pretty well - Boy did they get me a good deal...249 a month on a 15,000 mile 2 year lease... couldn't turn it down.

I must say that the car has a hell of an engine - it plainly hauls - about as fast as the srt-4 was stock vs. stock. We'll see where the car ends up - mod wise - but I dont think it will be getting the same treatment as the srt-4 unfortunately - see, A) the car is leased this time around - and B) it is an automatic(i know - the horror).

I must admit - it is kind of nice driving in a sleeper car like this - I pissed off a rsx type s so bad last night as he tried 3x to race me in a straight line with no success. And driving a quiet adult car like this - also nice - re; no police attention, and of course the fact that the insurance premium dropped by half switching to the altima didn't hurt either.

But if I buy it in 2 years - that vq engine is a monster - i wonder what it could do with some stiffer sways and some engine mods. The car has basically a 350z rear end under its shell - and could be pretty cool with the right combination of changes...

Old 05-25-2006, 09:36 PM
lblackneon
Champion

Any pics of your wrecked SRT-4?

Old 05-25-2006, 09:43 PM
greenmeanie

Why are you picking on me Adam? The 3 people who posted before me raised the same exact issue with respect to your whereabouts --Adam hasn't posted in a while-- and the poster before me expressed the same opinion about the cause of your mishap --improper maintenance. I merely agreed with them. So why take a potshot at me??????????

Sorry to hear that life has been so bad for you recently. Did all of the events in saga recounted in your posting --wife to be leaving you, job loss and father's hospitalization--happen after the car accident? If they did, I can understand why you took some time away from this forum. When it comes right down to it, it was just a car and we are just talking about our toys. The events you spoke about are real and I can see that each one of them alone would be enough to cause one to reevaluate the direction of one's life.

I too recently endured the breakup of a long term relationship (over 20 years). It was painful, and I really thought my life was over. It was dark and rainy for me 24/7. However, when I least expected it, I met an incredible woman who has rocked my world. I wasn't looking for it. It just happened. My life is better now than it has ever been. Although you are suffering over the breakup, you too will meet someone who will rock your world again. I wish you well and hope that things start looking up for you on the relationship and other fronts.

Old 05-27-2006, 03:21 AM
BigMac
Professional

Best of luck to you, Post. Life on occasion can kick us right in the gonads -- but things could always be worse, and they'll get better again.

Quick Reply: What is my salvaged SRT-4 worth?