Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Does this sound right?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006 | 03:30 PM
MChat
Captain
Default RE: Does this sound right?

ORIGINAL: winniep

13.5-13.6 eh? Man I suck. I would think I would have done a lot better with stg 1. Well, I finally got my stg 2 installed and a tank full of 104, so we'll see if I can do a little better this weekend. Stg 2 has definitely changed the way I WAS launching.........gonna have to figure something else out......maybe DAB 2 until my 17x8s and DRs come in. First and second gear are pretty much useless on 3.
That's what DAB 2 is for, street tires. It lowers the boost in 1st and 2nd so that they can hook up, then runs the same boost in 3-5 as DAB 3.

DAB 3 is for drag radials (good ones) and slicks.

Old 06-03-2006 | 05:20 PM
winniep
Veteran

Thanks for the info M-Chat. When are you gonna post some of those soon to be 10 sec timeslips? You are getting very close to project completion (for now....lol), are you not?

Old 06-09-2006 | 02:53 AM
MChat
Captain

Still waiting on the last few parts.

- Transmission from DCR (hopefully will ship this week)
- Head from NRGY (One of the last ones he's doing , should be finished soon)
- Custom parts from MetalMan (He needs the transmission installed in order to complete work).

After that I'm hoping the prototype 1000cc injectors AGP is testing are good and I'll be getting a set of those. Then comes the initial tune (so that I can drive it around town), break in, pump gas tune and then a couple weeks after that, a race-gas tune. And then probably a month after that will be a Race-Gas + 150shot of Nitrous tune. By then it might actually be cooling off enough out here to shoot for the 9's some cool September Night.

Old 06-09-2006 | 09:42 AM
fivetoez
Professional

ORIGINAL: turbeaux kid

I went to the track this weekend. The parts that I have are, short ram intake, stage 1, and racing motor mount. Does it seem right that I was running a 14.4? I thought that I would be doing better than that.
I have basiclly the same mods as you(sans the motor mount)& i ran a 13.98 @100mph, i believe your launch is what is killing your Et's,.a 2.3 60 ft.time is what you need to work on lowering, to say 2.0-2.1,.then i believe you'll see comprable times, remember, DONT let it wheel hop leavin the lights., hope this helps_________5TOEZ_________

Quick Reply: Does this sound right?