Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

oil catch can

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006 | 01:07 AM
turbeaux kid
|
Professional
Default oil catch can

Do you think thatn this can is better than the ghetto $20 can?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._BIN_Stores_IT

Old 06-30-2006 | 01:37 AM
vaughn
Captain
Default RE: oil catch can

.....first off you would have to somehow seal that lower male connector........and plus it appears to be assembled using three sections......could get leaks easy

also that sight tube could cause leaks also.......just my opinion ofcourse

Old 06-30-2006 | 01:42 AM
vaughn
Captain

this guy is local to me........his custom catch can seems like its pretty cool. http://www.fighters-garage.com/srt4.html looks like it has some nice welds

Old 06-30-2006 | 01:19 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend

The $20 OCC is that price after buying it and all the related hardware. This Occ is $32 by itself before anything else, but they do have perfect feedback. The $20 OCC is small and will fit most anywhere while these polished aluminum ones are larger and hard to find places to mount them even though they look better. The $20 OCC is smaller and requires frequent emptying and the poilshed one will hold far more requiring less attention, but it will be more work to empty it requiring tools where the $20 one you just unscrew the bowl by hand, dump and screw back on. It's all a matter of which you prefer.

Old 06-30-2006 | 01:38 PM
ericorange05

I bought that one and it looks good under the hood but after about 1000 miles the top seal went out and was causeing a bad vac. leak. I fixed it then about 500 miles after that the bottom cap started to leak. Had to re-seal both ends!

Old 06-30-2006 | 07:31 PM
yorksrt
Rookie

which one did you buy ericorange? that one that fighters garage has looks pretty cool and convenient. i might buy it but need to know more about the quality. from the pictures it looks to be one of the better ones out.

Old 06-30-2006 | 08:56 PM
vaughn
Captain

being i posted the fighters garage model.......please do email jimmy......and find out all about it..i would hate for you to buy it and it not work good for you.....

Old 06-30-2006 | 11:01 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

The $20 OCC is that price after buying it and all the related hardware. This Occ is $32 by itself before anything else, but they do have perfect feedback. The $20 OCC is small and will fit most anywhere while these polished aluminum ones are larger and hard to find places to mount them even though they look better. The $20 OCC is smaller and requires frequent emptying and the poilshed one will hold far more requiring less attention, but it will be more work to empty it requiring tools where the $20 one you just unscrew the bowl by hand, dump and screw back on. It's all a matter of which you prefer.
....Not to mention that the $20 OCC can be replaced just by going to a number of places like Wally World, Lowes, etc......Less down time.......

Dusty

Old 07-01-2006 | 01:35 AM
turbeaux kid
|
Professional

so is it a good buy or not?

Old 07-02-2006 | 08:11 PM
moparman04
Captain

doesnt look like it for all the repairs on it... just go to home depot and make one.. thats what i did and have done it for a couple of friends, they work great ... dump it every month or so and you are good to go

Quick Reply: oil catch can