Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Another SRT-4 wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Andy4.7
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another SRT-4 wrecked

Side swipped. The whole car is twisted, it's not offical yet but the way the car is twisted it's probably going to be totaled. This is sick ****. Making a left turn and a guy runs a stop sign full speed.

I want a damn SRT-4. My car isn't even a year old yet.

The guy tried to tell the cops I ran the stop sign but it's pretty obvious from the results thats not very reaslistic, and thankfully the cops agree with me.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:48 AM
04_T_4
Rookie
Default RE: Another SRT-4 wrecked

Damn, that sucks, are you ok? I mean, your alive but how do you feel?

Old 08-12-2006, 01:02 AM
srt4babe
Veteran

Sorry to hear, I think you are definately right on the total, the frame looks like it probably was jolted.

Are you ok though??

Old 08-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Andy4.7
Captain

Yeah I'm fine thankfully. It was a pretty hard impact, but atleast it was about as far from me as possible. I did a complete 180. Oh well I guess nothing I can do at this point. Insurances should take care of it, but you still lose out on a lot especially in the fact there is no replacement anymore.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:13 AM
bigham
Veteran

damn that sucks sorry to hear but good to hear you ok

Old 08-12-2006, 03:14 AM
winniep
Veteran

I just totalled my car today too. Thankfully it was my Focus and not my SRT. It doesn't look bad, but there's a hole in the tranny from a guardrail that my car perched itself on. As far as your wreck goes, it is a good thing you're OK. It is a borderline total, but there is still hope, considering it is all structural. At the very least, you will need two new door shells, including some internal parts, a quarter panel, rocker panel and possibly some rear suspension. As long as your roof isn't buckeled you might avoid a total. That would be a good thing considering the stg 2.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:50 AM
Andy4.7
Captain

Yeah... That's the problem though unfortuantely the roof is buckled, there's actually even a crease in the headliner. The driver side panels are even all out of alignment which is why it doesn't look good for it being repaired.

If they total it I'm hoping they let me keep the car! The interior is 100% perfect, and thanks to the rear impact the drivetrain is 100%. My rims even came out unharmed, though the rear tire has a small bubble. I have all the stock parts anyways, so I have a couple $1000 in parts that will come off regardless.

Sorry to hear about your wreck aswell, winniep.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:25 PM
winniep
Veteran

I also just happen to see a small tear in your rear bumper, so they will figure repair on it as well. Where exactly is the roof buckled at? Some roof repairs aren't that bad. As far as the insurance letting you have your car, just make sure you tell them that you want to buy back your total. They'll let you have it...........for a price. What would you do with all of your parts? Are you going to attempt to track down another SRT? That is personally what I would try to do. I love my car and as bad as I would love to have an EVO, I could take the extra $10,000+ more that it would cost for one, put that into the SRT and blow an EVO (or STI) off of the road, and the car would be customized to my likings. Sorry again to hear about ( and see....ouch) your wreck, but God was watching over you and you came out in one peice, which is always a good thing. Keep us posted on the verdict. As long as the repairs don't exceed about 70% of the car, they should repair your car.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Wolfish
Rookie

Damn that's nasty. As long as your OK, that's what matters most. Were there any witnesses to back you up? Did you get their numbers? Unless he got a ticket from the police, his insurance will still try to blame you for it. I'd be sick if something like that happened to my car. It's one thing if it's your own stupidity, but it pisses me off when other people just don't pay attention. I had a Civic a few years back and the same thing happened. The guy blew a yield sign and I smashed into the side of him. He tried to blame me as well, luckly I had witnesses. Make sure you report any stiffness or soreness you'll feel in the next few days to your insurance company. You might want to go and get checked by a doctor, just in case. Hopefully they can fix it, but if not I'm sure there are other SRT's for sale in your area.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:38 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

sorry about the car and im glad to hear you are ok. if you are looking to sell any of the parts i fell in love with your wheels while
looking at the pictures. if you are going to sell them send me a pm. good luck with the insurence.

Quick Reply: Another SRT-4 wrecked