Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Rust on the new SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 05:52 PM
srt4 driver
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rust on the new SRT-4

dodges are practly german cars now with DC & Mercedes in bed together at this point

Old 08-25-2005, 07:08 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain

If you want perfection, it doesn't exist on ANY car. Surface rust on cast control arms and drums and stuff is inevitable. If you wanted the whole underneath of the car powder coated, the car would cost alot more. Functionally, it has no effect on the vehicle. WHO THE HELL IS GONNA CRAWL UNDER LOOK AT THAT!!!!

Go to the hardware store, get some wire brushes and some rust converter. Clean and coat everything, then hit it with some rusty metal primer ( Rustoleum makes it in spray and in quarts, it works awesome, did my plow with it) and the paint whatever color your heart desires.

I don't mean to sound snippy about this, but I had a new Ram truck owner who insisted we paint everything that was rusty. We spent the better part of a day cleaning and making a Picasso out of his undercarrige. Now, a year later, the truck is a damn mess....inside and out.

Old 08-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Hi N Mity
Rookie

my 05 has rust also, on the sway bars and axles. 940 miles old. bought in Vancouver WA. everything else under the car looks good and was coated.

Quick Reply: Rust on the new SRT-4