Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 11:03 PM
yorksrt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure

so i finally put in my oil pressure sending unit. i tried searching and asking questions about where to actually install it, but no real good answers. so i put it down by the oil drain plug in the allen head plug that faces to the back of the car(it appears to be in the galley coming right off the pump and goes up the side of the block towards the head). a real p.i.a. getting the wire down there(also ran the a/f ratio wires with it). i turn on my car and get 70 psi. press the gas and it pegs past 100 psi. obviously this ain't right since i should get between 25-80. if i move it to one of the plugs on the driver's side of the head, does it matter which one i go in, and will i actually get the right reading.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:35 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: oil pressure

That was the readings I got from my '99 R/T when I replaced the factory oil sending unit with the one for my gauge, it was around 75 cold idling and 100 and just over cold while driving or revving. I plan to do the same with my SRT-4, putting the sending unit where the factory one is or at least T-ing it into the same spot with the factory sending unit.

Quick Reply: oil pressure