Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

a few vaccum questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 01:21 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a few vaccum questions

i just got an srt turbo for my 98 r/t and i noticed that it has 3 vacuum fittings on it...does anyone know what the fittings go to????

and also, is there anyone that makes a service manual for the srt4????

Old 09-12-2006, 02:12 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: a few vaccum questions

you can pick up an SRT-4 manual just like the ones at the Dealership for about 100 bucks. Its much more detailed tan the ones you can pick up at auto-zone

edit: i have a vaccum and solenoids diagram, it may be of some help:

Old 09-12-2006, 06:19 AM
spudsterier
Legend

so what are all the selonoids for???

Old 09-12-2006, 09:16 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

hmm, you said you got an srt turbo, what all did you get with it? you have, the 2.0 DOHC? something tells me you may end up needing to buy a lot more crap.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i do have the 2.0 DOHC

what i got came with the tubo/manifold
mopar BOV
02 housing
the 2 coolant lines
and 1 of the oil lines...

i still have to get:
srt4 intercooler, intercooler piping, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, boost controler, downpipe, boost gauge and map clamp..

im told that i would be able to hook the vacuum lines right up to the vacuum lines out of my manifold.....but i dont know which ones go to what...i believe one should be for the boost gauge, and assume the others just hook up to the regular vacuum lines....but i just wanna be sure...

does anyone know if a high flow cat/downpipe from a regular 2nd gen neon will bolt up to this 02 housing??? or does it need to be for an srt4???

Old 09-12-2006, 03:02 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

dang, i know a complete srt-4 motor swap runs you about 3 or 4,000 for a lower figure. perhaps to just go that route might yield better results, be easier and cost nearly the same

Old 09-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Well you can look at the diagram and see the boost gauge is plumbed into the brake booster which is coming directly from a manifold vacuum source. As far as the soleniods, they control vacuum porting via the engine computer. As far as when how and why each solenoid is energized I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you but it's decided by the mapping in the computer. I'm quite certain a really crafty individual would be able to just plug, bypass, manually or electrically control via a stand alone engine management system some or all of these solenoids. Other than that, you looking at having to transfer the whole SRT-4 engine computer and wiring to your car. An ugly proposition to be sure.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:44 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

^ im sure it would be 'different' to have the turbo on the 2.0, but it might be rather impractical. i would honestly consider heavily a motor swap for the amount of work its going to take on the 2.0. but each to his own.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:48 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i am going to put the turbo on my motor....i can get all the parts i listed for about 650.00
then i am going to work on building up the internals of my motor....i am just goin to run it on my motor for the time being with lower boost....then when my other motor is done, just swap them out....

i am told that i dont need any of the selonoids....just the vaccum lines hook up to my vaccum source....its just like putting a regular turbo kit on a neon....just a different main setup....

i will take pics later of the fittings that im talkin about and post them on here...

Old 09-14-2006, 12:06 AM
spudsterier
Legend

ok...here is a pic...i circled the fittings that im not sure about....the other two i know are just vaccum lines, im not worried about them...just need to know where the circled ones hook up too....unless they are just regular vacuum lines too.....

and does anyone know which lines are oil and which are coolant...i know there is one on 1 side, another on the opposite side, and two lines that kinda seat together...but which are they????

[IMG]local://upfiles/29901/DC0FD23F12784A9BB955ACDD3B39235F.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: a few vaccum questions