Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

New to SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 05:12 AM
Hondo449
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to SRT-4

I just purchased a 2005 SRT-4. I understand these cars a turbo'd. What is happening when you are acelerating and then let off to shift and you hear, is it a wastegate? Are the gear boxes in these cars very hard to shift. Where do we start to modify these cars. More performance and handling. I have a set of BBS wheels. I was looking a the turbo today and I noticed a BLUE (purple) ANODIZED spacer. Is this stock. I find it hard to believe a manufacturer would put a anodized part on a car. Just very curious about these cars. Any info will ne great and I hope to learn more on this site
Thank you
Mike

Old 10-11-2006, 05:31 AM
Four Banger Anger
Professional
Default RE: New to SRT-4

the blue plate is the mopar rice plate, acts as bov but just makes noise, good product and works well. When you shift and hear the pssss its the bov or should I surge valve leting the plate make some noise. The transmision in these cars are good, 3 gear synros have a history of busting, many srt owners have gotten new tranny's under warranty. BBS wheels on the car or you just have some, if they are 16's BBS wheels and it says ACR somewhere on the car then you got a good one, and even rarier model.

Start with a new wastegate that will actually hold boost, get a full exhaust to let the car breath, get stage 1(used preferbly since new is way to much now).....with those to start the car will feel complety different and you will be happy for a bit.

Jordan

Old 10-11-2006, 05:40 AM
moparman04
Captain

the blue thing is the mopar plate... that is the pssshhh you hear between shifts

Old 10-11-2006, 05:50 AM
Hondo449

Hey thanks guys. The BBS wheels came on the car. Where would I find ACR on the car. They are 16's. I understand the trans are excellant. Mine is just very firm to shift in all gears and tough to down shift. The clutch pedal engages just off the floor. Again thank you for the info. Which exhaust do you guys like. I have to be careful here in Fresno, Ca as the cops will get on the ground and crawl under the car to be ******. They love to tow cars here.
Mike

Old 10-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Burnnout
All Star

Ha... they can get on the ground all they want as long as you keep a cat on your car they most likely won't be able to tell the difference between aftermarket and stock.... exhuast is something you will want to do some research on ... you can go for performance, noise , looks ect.... as far as the hard shifting... that is a common thing on these cars, when i got my mopar short shifter it def. made the shifts feel more smooth and solid.... as well as putting on the booger bushings... and as far as your car being an acr... it would have stickers on the bottom of the doors... if someone took them off you could tell if you have the kicker sound system, seats with harness cutouts ( not all have this ) , and you can look on the top of your strut towers to see if you have adjustable dampers....the wheels come on the acr as well... so likely you do have one ... cuz those wheels are expensive ~

Old 10-11-2006, 09:49 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Mopar STS and booger bushings will help out the feel of your shifting tremendously

Quick Reply: New to SRT-4