Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 07:07 PM
moobit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrade

Well i currently have a 00 neon but decided to upgrade and im thinking of getting the srt4. I just want to know if there is anything bad i should look into, like any defects or anything negative that i should see that the srt4 has. I want to know what im getting into with this car if i do get it. thanks.

o and i do travel alot, three days of the week are around 100 miles and the other two are like 50 miles, plus add going out in the weekends.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:06 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: upgrade

I can't say there is anything "bad" about the car. It DOES have a few quirks like needing an oil catch can to catch the blowby from the PCV valve. Depending on what year you get, you might want the limited slip diff on the 04/05 models and the higher power they offer. The front seats are snug to hold you in place in tight turns and the front doors open too far out to reach easily. Also, the back windows only roll down halfway (by hand!!). The stock tires suck in snow. Early models cooked the plug wires.

None of these things bother me, personally. Those are complaints people have posted here in the past. The car is so much fun to drive, I can overlook twice as many things and still be happy with the car......

Dusty

Old 10-23-2006, 01:19 AM
moobit
Professional

So what year would you recommend to get?? The windows dont bother me, it doest snow where i live and it looks like ill need to get that catch can. Any more major things people talk about thats major like the catch can? thanks.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:24 PM
moobit
Professional

I got one more question, hows the gas milage on these cars??

Old 10-23-2006, 07:55 PM
GPtuner

Why not go to a dealership, and look at the stickers on the window and see the average MPG, see what kind of trade in you can get, test drive, look over, just by reading your questions its awsome your so excited to see what these things can do, but honestly hearing people talk about how awsome these cars are, is alot different untill you drive one your self and actually begin to know what they are talking about, LOTS OF LUCK!!!

Also im positive you will not be dissapointed if you buy one.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:49 PM
moobit
Professional

Not that many dealerships have some around here, which is why i look online a lot. I guess since they stopped making them, not that many dealers think people would buy them anymore. Well here is a guy that wants one and i have seen a few around but not how i want it. Im not a fan for bright colors, so i would get it silver or black, prob white too. I would want to test drive one, but i rarely have time since i work a lot but im sure it will be worth it once i do get it.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:50 PM
moobit
Professional

one more thing, lol. How are insurance prices with the srt4?

Old 10-25-2006, 06:09 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: moobit

one more thing, lol. How are insurance prices with the srt4?
I switched from my 2003 Hemi Ram to my 2005 SRT-4. My rates increased $400 for the entire year, so that's like $3x extra dollars a month.

The only thing I don't like about my car is it's not fast enough!!! Oh and the wheel hop. Everything else is great.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, my rates went up as well, I pay $1,100 per year and I haven't had a ticket in 17 years and I'm over 50....motor mount inserts will do a lot to cure the wheel hop, btw......

Dusty

Old 10-25-2006, 06:41 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

....motor mount inserts will do a lot to cure the wheel hop, btw......

Dusty
Cure? lol I laugh at you! ha ha ha! j/k I got some stock MM's poly filled and they still didn't help...I just got some traction bars, I need to tighted them up. Hopefully they will end this plauge known as "Wheel Hop".

PS...sorry for jackin the thread.

Quick Reply: upgrade