Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Corsa pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006 | 11:12 PM
Pressurecooker
|
Record Breaker
Default Corsa pipe

Anyone ever looked inside the Corsa exhaust? I'm curious about the RSC chamber they talk about. Does it restrict the 3" pipe any?

Old 12-17-2006 | 11:29 AM
redevil
All Star
Default RE: Corsa pipe

look man....corsa is a very expensive exhaust, and besides if you plan on upgrading you turbo to a much bigger one you really don't need an expensive exhaust, just a good downpipe with dump.Just pull on a handle and it opens then after your done racing you close it back and go cruising.I paid 300 for mine(ebay), it's 3' and sounds awesome, little bit lower than an open downpipe, I drove my car for a week with just downpipe, it would rattle like hell on the inside but sounded badass.My point is look for something cheaper,there's tons of other brands that will get the job done much cheaper

Old 12-17-2006 | 08:04 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

yeah, a 3"electric cutout runs you around 400 bucks

Old 12-18-2006 | 12:16 PM
redevil
All Star

who says you have to go with the electric..there's many more than that.And the corsa exhaust runs a lot more expensive and packs less torque...but everyone has their own opinions

Old 12-18-2006 | 06:32 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

cuz its cooler if you can hit a button[&:]

Old 12-19-2006 | 10:53 AM
redevil
All Star

lmao...cooler..?well yeah but it's the same as the one with the handle,cooler gunna cost you money!!lol

Old 12-20-2006 | 11:49 PM
greenmachine98

i was just in a shop yesterday contemplating getting a turbo back or just getting a down pipewith acatback(just about the sameconceptby the way) and another customer standing next to me says that a pipe is just a pipe. they all do the same thing. he made a lot of sense. . . . but drove a wrx sohe cancelledall the sense he madeout!! LOL kidding kidding. much love for the awd!!!

Old 12-21-2006 | 12:02 PM
redevil
All Star

well that's true...pipes are just pipes.WRX exhausts go for about $800..and thats a good price on one.Not much sense in spending $500 on an exhaust that comes with resonator and stuff....mine sounds freaking sweet and way louder than other expensive exhausts, and gives me more torque too.

Old 12-22-2006 | 03:26 AM
Pressurecooker
|
Record Breaker

Ok, well here's the deal, I talked to Corsa about the rsc chamber and they said it does not exist on the SRT exhaust. Their SRT exhaust is straight 3" all the way out.(cat back)ala Billy Boat but cheaper,and they did spend some time to design it to minimize bend angles and such so it flows as free as anything available. From what I have read from people that have it, it is a top notch quality exhaust as far as design and components go. So I decided to get one. Now understand, I am not just slapping a cat back 3 on a stock SRT either, I am already at stage 2 w/toys ++ mod wise and this Corsa will be accompanied be a Maxxfab 3" o2 and 3" dp. I know it will flow like gangbusters and I am prepared for it to be loud. Just how loud I don't know yet but may end up putting a bullet or two in the straight pipe if need be. The goal here being to have an exceptionally quickstage 2, and I am leaving the door wide open for further upgrades i.e. a larger turbo etc. etc. So lest anyone think otherwise, I do have a plan and a clue and will spend smart money to get there.
BTW, my 13.68 stage zero sig is old news.

Old 12-22-2006 | 10:15 AM
redevil
All Star

that sounds sweet.....keep us up with new mods.....I'm going to the track today for my first time....I'll see how that goes

Quick Reply: Corsa pipe