Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

2004 and 2005 SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 06:07 PM
04blksrt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2004 and 2005 SRT-4

i appreciate you tryin. i know i make it a lot more dificult when i dont know all the lingo. saturday i had 3 other srt owners look at and all these guys have worked on these cars since they came out and they cant find it either. its really gettin discouraging. kinda thinkin about just getting rid of the car as much as i dont want to. like i said i know that it is something dumb and easy to fix but i just cant seem to find the damn leak to fix it. im thinking dodge may have to take a gander at it as much as i hate to pay those buttholes

Old 12-26-2006, 06:17 PM
redevil
All Star

don't get rid of it...you'll miss it!!!!i thought the same way.i dunno what else to say....too bad you live so far away

Old 12-26-2006, 07:19 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

how much vacuum are you pulling at idle? i know my guage is off a little but im pulling right at 21-22. please tell me thats somewhere close to normal!?!?!?!?

Old 12-27-2006, 11:00 AM
fivetoez
Professional

It's common knowledge in the automotive world, that 1st. yr. model cars go through some teething pains, which usually are taken care of in the following model yr, hence the 04 upgrades..........i don't know WHY Psi. chic is getting soo defensive........i never said the 03's we're junk....,in fact two of the fasteset srt's i hang with are 03's, christ there even red!!!., & BTW..............i'd GLADLY pay 1k more for the E-BLUE,even if it we're the EXACT same car as yours Girlfriend.________5TOEZ________

Old 12-27-2006, 11:49 AM
redevil
All Star

ok black, you vac ain't that bad....mine is around the same....when you shut your car off, does the needle stand at 0...? if not then your gaugue must be broken or you gota boost leak around there somewhere.But if you say you vac is at 21-22 then that's normal, but there's a fine line between normal and bad....so i dunno.Plus you say you still having problems with your car.if you can can you take pictures of every vac line in your car, I mean really detaled pics of everything....vac lines, bov, pieps...then I can go over them and I might figure out whats wrong.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:56 AM
redevil
All Star

also let me know what you think went wrong....remember detailed pics of every little thing, that's all I can do for now.....let me know if you can do this.Oh and don't use a phone to take pics, they come out blurry and it's difficult, try a digital camera.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:39 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

when i shut the car down the needle on boost guage is right on -1 so i know the guage is off a little. so with that being said i might be pushing 8 psi (holding). ill try to snap some good photos but it will be this afternoon b4 i can get them loaded up. im going to concentrate on the are that i tried to fix first. ill prob. have them uploaded around 2:00. where do you want me to put them???

Old 12-27-2006, 02:17 PM
redevil
All Star

send them to this e-mail address...eduar2holic@yahoo.esremember detailed pics bro.....every single detail is important.Hopefully it was right in front of your eyes.I'll gather up with the rest of the gang and we'll try to figure it out or die trying!!![:@]

Old 12-27-2006, 02:24 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

let me go ahead and tell how the car is acting so you can get a better idea when you see the pics. when im driving and in low rpm's you can hear the turbo spooling. its whining almost like an alternator going out. when i punch it my boost will jump to around 7-8 psi and hold but to me it seems like its not getting there quite as fast as it used to. the higher rpm's i get the less you can hear the spooling sound. then when i push in the clutch to coast my vac will drop almost all the way down. now i know that my guage is off a little so in reality it may only be dropping to around -25 or so. when i put a boost leak detector on it i could feel the air coming out the left side of the stock bov. my boost detector wasnt that great of one so it really wasnt giving me that great of an idea, plus i used an air compressor so i could barely hear over the noise of that thing running. ill snap a photo of what i had to fix so you can get a better idea of i did to try and fix it. but all it was was a vacuum rail running off the side of the turbo right behindd the bov. if you look on your car follow the blue wire from the # 3 air flow sensor and where it plugs in is what broke on my car. if you have time i will call you and kinda tell you a little better over the phone if you dont mind using some minutes on the celly. i will be using a very nice digital camera so hopefuly i can get you some detailed clean photos that will give you a better idea. just pm me if you dont mind waisting some of your minutes and ill get your #

Old 12-27-2006, 02:47 PM
redevil
All Star

well i got a metro phone so minutes are the least worries on my mind.Look try to get a larger hose for that sompressor so you can get it as far away as possible for better hearing and make sure you're running the compressor at 25 psi.I also got a leak in my stock bov...but she kinda holds, I can hear it leaking when I race, that's why I'm buying a better bov this weekend.Ok I went and took a look at my car.Look if you still got tha blue line and it's broken the you got a boost leak right there.I blocked that line.At the autoparts stores they sell some rubber tubes that are used for blocking those kinds of lines, you shouldn't have any trouble finding them.Block that blue line in both ends and see what the car does, trust me this won't blow your engine or nothing, it's just a damn line.Do that and then call me at 561-5417970.If you can't communicate then just post back.I have a good feeling on this.

Quick Reply: 2004 and 2005 SRT-4