Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Worlds biggest engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007 | 04:38 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: Worlds biggest engine

yeai know, i was on one of them for friends and family day. the USS Enterprise. eight freaking reactors on that sucker.

i'm sure eventually there will be commercial application of nuclear power, but for right now i think people are still too uneducated and spooked about it.

Old 01-07-2007 | 08:56 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

There are several Navy aircraft carriers and subs running on nuclear power without creating glow in the dark soldiers.......at least so far.
Well, United States Navy carriers and subs, anyway...........

Dusty

Old 01-07-2007 | 09:58 PM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Why all the fuss over deisels n nukes?
One 440 is all ya need.
X2 on the red tape, One of our customers is Exelon. (Chitown Light and Power) They as you may have guessed have nukes. Some of the motors we service are in those plants. Occasionally we service them on site, but usually they pull the motor and ship it to us. Everything we do on their stuff is scrutinized to nth degree. They have to witness all critical steps. In fact, we are getting a camera system put in so they can watch us work remotely. Thier build requirements border on ridiculous, but hey, they have the money to spend and however long it takes to do it thier way, they have no qualms footing the bill. So we just do whatever they ask. It pays well.

Quick Reply: Worlds biggest engine