Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

A-Pillar Gauge Pods

Old 08-07-2004, 03:32 AM
HEMI TT
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A-Pillar Gauge Pods

Has anybody installed the A-Pillar Gauge Pods yet? I'm looking at the 3 gauge pod from Modern Performance. I was wandering if it was a replacement A-Pillar cap or if it just mounts over the existing one. I figured I'd do all of this around the time I do my exhaust so that way I can tie in the EGT gauge without any hassels. I'll be going to a custom muffler shop for my exhaust, I think a 3" turbo back with a 3" performance cat. How difficult is the wiring for the gauges and I need any new sensors for any certain gauges?

Old 08-07-2004, 09:49 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A-Pillar Gauge Pods

I have the triple gauge pillar from Modern Performance and it is designed as an overlay and not a replacement like I was hoping it to be.[:@] It is however a nice piece and I think that it's the only on out there for us. I highly recommend the Auto Meter Pro Comp Ultra Lite electric oil pressure, volt and EGT, these are what I have. They are extremely simple to wire up and have good instructions. For a sneek peak at what your getting yourself into, go to Auto Meters website and you can download the pdf files of the instructions of any and all of their gauges. Just make sure you get the gauges that come with the sending units, then all you will need is wire, electrical tape or connectors and everything else comes with the gauges. If you get the EGT w/install kit it comes with everything except the added wire needed for the gauge light.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 08-09-2004, 04:03 AM
andybuzz2u

If you want to fab a few small pieces you can replace the factory A-Pillar with the gauge pillar. I did some extreme hacking on the factory one to fit all the wires and hoses to the gauges, but it looks like Dodge did it in house.

Old 08-09-2004, 04:26 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I had a hot glue gun I could make the pieces that hold the factory clips and then glue them to it making it look perfect. I will probably check for a factory A pillar in the junkyard and use it to hack up to mount my pod pillar to.

Old 08-09-2004, 04:31 AM
andybuzz2u

Thats a good idea.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A-Pillar Gauge Pods