Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

UPGRADE PATH

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Aceburner
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: UPGRADE PATH

I can't wait to see where I'll be going when I get back to the states. I hope it's somewhere where a lot of u guys and gals are. I need some SRT-4 companionship, I feel like I'm the only one who owns an SRT in the world over here.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:54 AM
PSI Chick
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: UPGRADE PATH

ORIGINAL: djmagic

Where is N2MB and DCR located because I'm going to need some help in the future when my Neon is getting overhauled.
N2MB is in new jersey and DCR is in north carolina.

when people ask me about good "starting mods" there's always some basics that i suggest, depending on what the future goals of the owner is. most of them are fine no matter what you want, some depend on if you're going big turbo/sst or a stage kit.

here's a list of what i usually suggest as a good place to start....

plugs and wires
solid motor mounts
stage 1
wga
mbc
exhaust
wideband

after that point, the paths tend to deviate. if you're planning on s2/s3, then a wga/mbc might not be a good choice. in that case, a good tb and fmic are options. if big turbo/sst is in the works, then fuel upgrades and tuning is a nice next step. i also always suggest some kind of suspension work, usually sway bars and co's. lowering the car imo serves two purposes, one is obviously to make the car look better, but it also lowers the center of gravity making it much harder for the rear end to swing out under hard deceleration (which has been known to cause many an accident).

once the basics are done then it's an individual thing as to what path to follow. goals in terms of hp/track times as well as budget need to be taken into consideration when making recomendations or when considering options as to what parts to get next.

Quick Reply: UPGRADE PATH