New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

1st post! PICS of my Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Corey 5.7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st post! PICS of my Hemi

Hey fellow Dodge owners, My name is Corey and I am from Fayetteville, TN. I own a2005 Ram 1500 Quadcab in Blackand of course it has a HEMI! Anyway, I bought the truck brand new in late 05 from the local Dodge Dealer. It had 17 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. I really wanted a solid black Ram quad cabwith the Hemi and 20 inchChrome Wheels. I don't really care about having big rims but I just thought the 20s fit the truck a whole lot better than the 17 inch wheels. Anyway, I looked at 3 other dealerships and the one here in Fayettevillehad the closest match. On the lot it looked terrible in my opinion. It had black bed rails and those Rumble Bee decals down the side of the bed. It also had a yellow accent plate in the dash around the CD Player and A/C controls. Oh, and it had tow hooks as well. The only good things it already had was a LINE-X liner and black bug guard. I knew I could fix all the things I didn't like about it. Anyway, after some wheeling and dealing we reached and agreement. The dealership would order me a new BLACK dash piece, a plug to go where the tows hooks are, and those bed rail protectors to cover where the bed rails were installed when I removed the rails. All of this was at no charge. The dealership had a detailer remove the Rumble Bee decals. Anyway after they got all my parts in I went home, removed the tow hooks and added the plug, removed the bed rails and painted the inside of the drill holes to avoid any rust and added the bed rail caps. The dealer also removed and replaced the dash piece to make it black. Now, this truck wasn't a true Rumble Bee, the dealer added all these things to help it sell but I hated them. Anyway, after all the Rumble Bee stuff, tow hooks, and bed rails were gone I started adding all the things I wanted. First was the exhaust. I had to have Flowmatser. After the exhaust came all the Mopar stuff. I bought and installed the hood scoop, it was a breeze to actually put on but the measuring and lining up before drilling was a pain, it comes with a templatebut it's still pretty hard to get right, and when your about to drill into a $30,000 or more automiblie you better be exact. I bought the tail light guards because the lightsjust looked too plain. I think the guards look great. After that came the wheel well liners. These things are the best50 bucks I ever spent. The dealership a set in-stock and no-one had ever asked about them. I got them at a steal for $50.00.They clean up the truck's rearso much and keep alot of crap from getting into hidden spots. I alsodecided to add a set of in-seam vent visors. The last thing I did was have the front windows tinted the match the back. I also have my entire front windshield tinted all the way down to the dash but shhhhhhh about that. Anyway that pretty much sums up my truck. I finally got it looking like I wanted.Here's a couple of PICS. They aren't that great but they're from my girlfriend's myspace page. Thanks for reading.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:47 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: 1st post! PICS of my Hemi

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Corey!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 01-20-2008, 05:26 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 223 Likes on 208 Posts

welcome to DF...

Old 01-24-2008, 01:13 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the dodge forum. Red

Old 01-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Welcome to DF Corey!!

Old 01-30-2008, 06:02 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Nice lookin HEMI!!

Old 01-31-2008, 12:32 PM
Hemi Angel

Welcome, not much for me to say since i'm fairly new.
lovin the hemi. ill have pix of mine up soon enough...

Old 01-31-2008, 07:37 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to DF. Good lookin' ride

Old 02-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Midnight Runner
Champion

Welcome to D.Forum.