New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Ford man researching a Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Air Mail
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford man researching a Dodge

Howdy all, gotta do the newbie thing... I'm a regular at Ford Truck Enthusiasts, preferred Fords my whole life. Thinking about buying a Dodge Power Wagon and doing a little research. I've found that these forums are the best source of information (as long as the BS filter is on). I'll be hanging around, asking a question here and there. Who knows... might become a regular when it's all said and done!

I've noticed I can't upload an avatar yet... probly gotta have a minimum numer of posts to do it? That's the way the FTE forum works anyway...

EDIT: Nevermind... gotta make one post before you can do it!

-Scott

Old 02-17-2008, 12:32 PM
silverharleyredram
Default RE: Ford man researching a Dodge

airmail - see my "hello i'm a new guy" post from a couple of days ago... i was a ford man for ten years - had a 98 F-150 Off Road/5.4L i bought new and kept pristine. (check it out here if you like:
http://www.actionautoinc.com/Dealer-...3LyT1a3wG9s%3d)
i consider the dodge an upgrade. if nothing else - ford cannot even come close to matching the warranty and here in CT equivilent fords are at least $5000 more. to me it was a no-brainer. good luck in your (re)search!

Old 02-17-2008, 03:50 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Scott!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 02-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Air Mail

Nice truck man... thanks for sharing your experience.

I haven't had any problems with my Fords... at least not enough to make me turn against them. I am just looking for a few specific features in a truck and right now the Dodge Power Wagon is the only truck that matches that profile. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on one right now that I can taste it. I'm having a hard time convincing the household boss that we can afford one right now though...

Old 02-18-2008, 09:49 AM
silverharleyredram

the household boss.... oh - you have one of those too.... i guess every good household has one... i guess i got lucky - after using a VW jetta to carry a newborn around for about six months - the boss decided that it was time for a minivan and after a legnthy search she decided she liked the dodge so we wound up with an 05' grand caravan. that was three years ago and two more kids later - she still loves it. long story short she (we) had such a great experiencewith our "first" dodge that she was not to much of a hard sell when it came to the new pickup. just curious what those "features" your looking for are - can you say? b.t.w. - i would never crack on ford - my F-150 treated me very well for ten years and i thought long and hard about my decision to switch but, like i said before, the lifetime powertrain and the better pricing made the move a good fit for me. anyway - good luck with the boss! and your decision. keep us posted

Old 02-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Air Mail

lol yeah I got one of those... she's my voice of reason sometimes, a pain in the neck sometimes too... gotta love marriage! Yeah my wife is set on getting a Town & Country, she's got a Freestar now, and really wants the Dodge for the available all-wheel drive and the cool seating features that those vans have. Seems like Dodge has really taken over the market in the minivan department. The lifetime p/t warranty doesn't hurt either!

Yeah the features I'm looking for... I like the Quad Cab (bigger than supercab but smaller than my Ford Crew Cab), front/rear lockers, disconnecting swaybar, 33" A/T tires and deep 4.56 gears. I tow my camper up into the mountains and crawl around on rocky forest trails to get to my hunting/fishing spots. The Power Wagon obviously fits the bill real well there.

Thanks!

Old 02-19-2008, 09:41 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

Welcome to the forum!

Old 02-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Midnight Runner
Champion

Welcome to D.Forum.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Air Mail

Thanks guys. Great experience so far!

Old 02-22-2008, 12:05 AM
rwarrenh

Ford is good but DODGE is BEST better than anything out there I've owned em all and been a die hard dodge man since 1986. Service parts are high but warranties are great and they last 4-ever. right now i am having my 1st problem with gas mileage but it'll be resolved very quickly, and you are right this is the best place to do you're research. it is all good come on over to ram country you won't be sorry!!!

Quick Reply: Ford man researching a Dodge