New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newbie here

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 03:10 AM
SLTPlus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here

Howdy folks!

I just stumbled across this forum!! I am glad to be a part of DF and will check in often!

Well, heres a little history of myself and my Dodge Rams.

As soon as the '94 style rams came out, I told my friends and folks that a Ram was going to be the first vehicle I buy as soon as I was old enough. Well, the years passed and I worked toward that goal working everywhere I could to save up my money. As soon as I turned 16 (1998), I walked into my area Dodge Dealership to claim my prize!! Well, needless to say, I didn't get a lot of respect from the salesman as I was a 16 y.o. punk kid wanting to go for a test drive. Well, after having to drag my dad in with me, they let me take the truck I had my eye on for a few weeks out for the afternoon. It was a Red '96 reg cab 4X4 with the 5.9L. I went back, made an offer and made the salesman crap his pants as I wrote out my down payment for 5 grand! From there the rest is history...
I got custom plates 'GOALS' to signify that one can achieve any goal if you set your mind to it (mine being my truck at age 16)

I went on to put a lot of accessories on and in it including: k&n filter system, dual exhaust, alarm, electric start, leer race back, leer tonneau cover, 32 X 11.5 BFG AT'S for that aggressive look, and topped it off with four 10" Rockfords behind the seat so if you didn't hear the duals or the tires humming, you could at least hear me coming down the road with those thumpin!

Last year I decided to upgrade a little. I went for a mildly used 2002. It is the 4 door 4X4, SLT Plus (yeah - power everything and leather!!!) It has the 5.9 - I couldn't bring myself to do the Hemi thing - no offense guys, but I really like my 360! It is a sweet looking rig and I can't wait to put a few mods on her. But things are a little tight as I'm just finishing up college, so hopefully within the next year I can start really making it my truck.

So thats that for me. Sorry for the novel, but I love my Rams!!!

I will try to get some pics up for everyone.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12281/9353E1F2531C49269EA66FCACDF890AF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-08-2005, 03:12 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Newbie here

I love my 360!! Welcome to the site!!

~Amanda

Old 02-08-2005, 06:54 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

hey welcome to DF

sounds sweet

nice ride

yea..im slowy working towards my goal...a dakota r/t got about a year left til i get my license

Old 02-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion

Hi there! Glad to have you aboard! Enjoy it! Nice Ride!

Old 02-09-2005, 01:20 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

You're the first New guy I can recall who actually posted pics as well as a good description of their vehicle! Nice! [&:] Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy it here!

-Matt-

Old 02-09-2005, 03:46 AM
SLTPlus

Thanks for the welcome folks. I have spent entirely too much time here already since my epiphany last night finding DF!! I can't get enough...

I got my avatar up and everything today.

I forgot to mention that I am down with the old school Dodge trucks as well. I am currently working (well I haven't touched it for a few years as the funds haven't been there) a 1952 Job Rated 5 window Dodge pu. I had intended to keep it original, but it needed some major work on the box, so I decided to custom build an oak flat bed. Well, then I decided against keeping the flat 6 and instead did a complete axle swap to allow for a 318 4bbl that I had some friends rebuild. (who knows if it will run when that day comes to fire it up) There is still a long way to go, but I look at it every day and can't wait to get it on the road.

Old 02-09-2005, 05:33 AM
LoneWolf

Dude thats sweet , I'd love to have seen the look on the salesman's face when you popped the check on him. oh yeah Welcome aboard bro. your ride looks killer, keep those horns high pardner .
LoneWolf

Old 02-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Mopar Performance
Record Breaker

welcome aboard

Quick Reply: Newbie here