New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newbie w/87 Dakota

Old 12-03-2008, 02:16 AM
dgreenbluet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie w/87 Dakota

Hi all first time to the site and looks like ill be here for awhile. first off what i'm driving. my dad bought me my dodge dakota when i was 16. he owns a tire shop and some crackhead couldnt pay for his tires so he traded him this truck for the tires and my dad gave it to me as a x-mas present. need less to say when i got it it needed alot of work. it was about 3 different colors, missing the radio, and was started with a butter knife. plus just about everything was worn out that can ware-out. so i spend my highschool days working on this thing constently and i spend nearly 3K on it by the time i graduated. Now im 22 and i love this truck, i mean sure im on my third rear-end and it burns a quart of oil a week but ive got memories in it that can not be replaced by some new car. needless to say this is no longer my daily driver but i still love to take it out and act like im still in high school. the truck has been sitting for quite sometime since im almost done with my 15 month deployment to iraq so i plan on doing alot of work to this thing and keeping it going for many more days.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, let's hope you can get it going full strength some day and thanks for serving our country.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to DodgeForum! Thank you for serving our Country!

Old 12-18-2008, 09:32 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the dodge forum. Red

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie w/87 Dakota