New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

howdy y'all

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Frank21x
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking howdy y'all

name's Frank. I'm from Lodi, CA. I'm 23 and still driving my first car, err truck that is.. She's a '95 1500 4x4 single cab with a 360 under the hood. Been a good rig to me since I've had her only leaving me stranded once due to a bad crank position sensor. Other than that she has a bad pinging problem when you put your foot into it on the freeway or towing a heavy load that I cannot seem to figure out..but it still keeps chugging reguardless. It has (I believe they are) older Edelbrock headers -no ID tag on them but have the identical shaping, Flowmaster delta 40 muffler with duals out the back, and polished heads. I installed a 5" Superlift kit about 2 years ago now that was a total nightmare! None of the parts were cooperating as the instructions said they would and I was missing 2 boxes of items that never made it. I battled with Superlift for 5 months before I had the whole thing finished and off jackstands...never will I deal with them again that's for sure! The truck has 15x8 Eagle wheels with Hankook rubber that ride very well surprisingly. I've been hunting around for ideas to construct a tubular front bumper since the stock one is pretty mangled from an accident I was in before the lift kit was installed, but I will do some searches before starting my own thread asking about it haha.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love that color and the two tone. Welcome.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:26 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

dude, pictures!

when you're towing or planning on putting your foot in it, put higher octane gas in it than you usually do. pinging may not show visible damage, but it does damage. one day you'll have a hole in a piston if it keeps up.

welcome to DF! make sure you go and post in the 2nd gen ram section if you haven't already.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
dude, pictures!
Check his profile.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Frank21x

premium gas helps a little bit, but it still pings pretty badly. I ran some of that Lucas fuel system/injector cleaner and it makes it run great, hardly any pinging at all, but as soon as I burn though that tank it's back to the way it was.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:59 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

I wonder if a good seafoaming might help you. ever run seafoam through it before?

Old 03-04-2009, 03:21 AM
Frank21x

nope, what the heck is that?

Old 03-04-2009, 08:18 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Its looks like this and you can run it through your fuel system and or crankcase depending on what you are looking for to clean... Here this is right from their site...

From http://www.seafoamsales.com/

"SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT

Solving Engine Problems Easily and Inexpensively!

See SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT technical information

Common Reasons Service Technicians Use SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT

When your vehicle has a rough idle, hesitates, stalls, pings or has an after run problem – this is often due to carbon buildup.

Your service technician can offer a reasonably priced fuel systems cleaning with the use of SEA FOAM products to solve these carbon problems.

When your vehicle’s fuel injectors need cleaning – this is often due to residue left on injectors from poor burning fuels and contaminants.

Your service technician can offer an inline fuel injection cleaning with the use of an injector cleaning machine and SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT. SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT is also added to the fuel to disperse moisture, clean fuel lines and injectors while driving.

When moisture needs to be removed from fuels or an anti gel or de-icer is needed – these conditions are due to condensation in the fuel tank and extreme cold weather creating gas line freeze or diesel fuel gelling.

Your service technician can recommend the use of SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT in the fuel tanks to dry moisture and cure these problems.

When there is moisture detected in the oil – this problem is due mostly to poor ventilation and condensation. Sometimes, however, there is a bad head gasket, cracked head or block that must be replaced.

Your service technician will diagnose the problem and recommend the repairs. As part of the diagnostics, a SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT can be used in the oil crankcase to cure the moisture problems. A SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT can also be used in the oil crankcase after repairs to make sure moisture is eliminated.

When valve lifter noise is apparent or piston rings seem to be sticking – this is often due to dirty and gummed up oil passages, varnished lifters and buildup of gum, varnish and carbon in the piston ring areas.

Your service technician can offer a SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT that will clean sticky lifters and free sticky rings. By doing this treatment you will be able to determine if there is a varnish problem or a mechanical problem.

To help pass emissions tests – high emission numbers are usually caused by extreme carbon build up, dirty emission control items such as: pcv valve, egr valve, oxygen sensors or bad spark plugs and wires.

Your service technician can provide a pre-emission test service that includes SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT as a cleaning agent to help pass emissions tests.

When fuel stabilization and engine fogging is needed – fuels of today become stale in less than thirty days. Therefore, stabilization and engine fogging are needed when vehicles, lawnmowers, snow blowers, outboard motors, chainsaws, motorcycles, gas in cans and engines are put into storage. "

Quick Reply: howdy y'all