New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hello newbie from AZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:56 PM
fffreddie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello newbie from AZ

I'm new here because I have a problem with my wife's 2006 pt cruiser. The P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor "intake" trouble code showed up. Might be a bad sensor or maybe loose wire or such. Where is the CMP located? Wife's pt cruiser has turbo. How hard is it to replace? Also according to reading the 4# cylinder misfired. Has that anything to do with CMP?

I use to have a 1983 Dodge 250 4X4. It was awesome at the time since Dodge trucks were not very popular back then. I use to have a rare tall truck. Time's got rough and I had to sell. A single cab truck is not very family friendly with 3 kids. Oh, well I hope I can pick up quad or crewcab some day.

Anyway need info on wife's cruiser.

Thanks.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:34 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fffreddie
I'm new here because I have a problem with my wife's 2006 pt cruiser. The P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor "intake" trouble code showed up. Might be a bad sensor or maybe loose wire or such. Where is the CMP located? Wife's pt cruiser has turbo. How hard is it to replace? Also according to reading the 4# cylinder misfired. Has that anything to do with CMP?

I use to have a 1983 Dodge 250 4X4. It was awesome at the time since Dodge trucks were not very popular back then. I use to have a rare tall truck. Time's got rough and I had to sell. A single cab truck is not very family friendly with 3 kids. Oh, well I hope I can pick up quad or crewcab some day.

Anyway need info on wife's cruiser.

Thanks.
Welcome to DF freddie! Glad you are a Mopar Fan! As far as the PT cruiser goes, thats a tough one. Beings the PT is based off a neon, maybe check out our 2nd Gen Neon Section and if we don't get you some feedback, maybe post in the Off Topic Section. One of these sections should ya. While you are here look around a bit and enjoy the site!

Last edited by lghtngblt02; 03-12-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to DF.....

Quick Reply: Hello newbie from AZ