New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New in AZ and UT

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 01:00 PM
bill55az
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New in AZ and UT

I am on many other automotive forums, and use Bill55AZ on all of them.
Wondering if there are many other AZ or UT members?
I am retired and spend summers in Logan, Utah, otherwise live here in DryHeat Phoenix, AZ.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion
Default RE: New in AZ and UT

Hello Bill! Welcome to the DF! I was in Phoenix, AZ back in 98 and came back home to Michigan here with a nice tan HAHA! Any pics of your ride?

Old 03-04-2005, 01:14 PM
bill55az
Veteran

Were you involved in any of the Bluegrass groups around here? A lady I know was a banjo plucker during that time frame, could still be for all I know.
Port Huron, would that make you a "UPER" or a "Troll"?

Old 03-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion

I'm a troll... I wish I was a yooper!! I didn't play any music but the keyboard back then and that was long before I had a dodge and even my license..just had a permit at the time...was only 17. I'm 60 miles north of the Motor City

Old 03-04-2005, 01:57 PM
bill55az
Veteran

OK, you are one of the really young ones!! My wife teaches in the Peoria school district (for one more year after this), and our kids graduated in 88 and 91.
I will try to find some rust to send up to you. But it will be difficult. Most of it is already up there where you live.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion

I hear you there! I'm surpised my truck ain't a rust bucket by now with all the salt that's on it. We still have tons of snow around my area.

Old 03-04-2005, 04:59 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

Thought the location description and username were familiar. Have seen you post on moparts.com. Welcome to DF! Haven't lived in AZ.... yet.... the wife's immediate family is all there, have visited, and will likely end up there someday myself. If not before I retire, certainly after! I'm very tired of northeast winters!!!

Old 03-04-2005, 05:54 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

welcome to DF

wutcha drive

Old 03-04-2005, 06:19 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Hello Bill. I don't live in Arizona or utah, yet alone ever been out west, but welcome to Dodgeforum! Tell us a bit about yourself [sm=smiley1.gif]

-Matt-

Old 05-22-2005, 03:22 PM
bill55az
Veteran

sorry about the long delay, I must have forgotten to check the email notification box, and I have been trying to get some real estate issues settled and a bunch of other stuff. I also took over a chevy truck from my son, now that he has 3 kids, he needs a mini-van. It needs a few things to make it a better tow vehicle. It is a temporary thing, tho. He will probably get it back one day. I prefer dodge, and would like to find a 72-78 with big block, or at least a good body that I can put a big block in. I have a friend with a nice 440/727 that he wants to sell, all I need is the good body, truck body that is. My personal body is a lost cause.
I like the old mopars, and am building a sleeper 79 volare wagon, aka chick magnet, a name my wife thought up. She thinks she is funny. The C.M. still has its original 318-4 with the only mod being MP igniton. Lots of other mods, tho, to brakes, trans, suspension, etc. and am working now on manual steering and subframe connectors. It already corners very well, but I am aiming for a car that can embarass, or at least surprise, a ricer.
Work history, grew up in Houston, TX area, then 12 years Navy, (plus 10 years Navy Reserve), 8 years in SE Idaho at "the site", 16 years in AZ working for an Electric Utility, now retired, lots of time on my hands, spend way too much time at the junkyards collecting project parts for me and some parts to sell on ebay (ebay name is Bilmo9). Just turned 59, the wife still works, and will for one more year. We have grown children, 1 each in AZ and UT, and each location has 3 grandchildren, so we split our time. Wife is a teacher, so she gets summers off which we spend in Logan, Utah.
I don't mind finding parts for you northern folk who don't remember what their parts looked like before rust, but must insist on a deposit for some items. I already have a few parts here that I got for someone who then changed their mind. And for anyone living between Phoenix and SE Idaho, I can deliver parts for others. We make the trip several times a year, using the truck about half the time.
My choice of Mopars is the F,M,and J body cars because they are cheap to get and easy to find upgrades for in the Junkyards.
But I would take almost any older RWD mopar if someone offered a decent one to me at a rediculously low price. We have a 40x40x14 shop built in Logan, but I can't store very many cars in it until I get all the dang boats out that belong to relatives!
any questions?