New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Ram owner from Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Hillbilly SQ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ram owner from Arkansas

Hi my name is Chris and I signed the papers on my new ram quadcab the other day. The lack of cab space and rough ride my single cab 06 Sierra gave me was just getting unbearable. So far I'm happy with the truck but am on a learning curve when it comes to installing an audio system in it. I knew my 01 Silverado and 06 Sierra inside and out. Hope to be able to find my way around the new Ram just as well in due time. I'm a very active member at diymobileaudio.com and have been around the block a few times when it comes to audio so I'll be glad to give advice where needed.

My goals for this truck are to keep the inside looking as stock as possible. Need to see what I can do with the front middle seat for a console box. Buddy of mine has a hotbox that he used in his 04 and later in his wifes 05 ram that he said he'd give me but not sure if it will bolt into the 09. Can anyone verify whether or not the hotbox will work? Also going to put Dayton rs225's in doors and most likely a Peerless wideband mid and dayton nd20 on a homemade passive in the dash. Will have to fab a new grill to open things up on top but that shouldn't be too difficult. Sub will be a diyma 12, amps with be a PG x100.4 and x400.1 with tld66 linedriver. Headunit is an Alpine 9833.

Hope I fit in here and look forward to getting help with my headunit install and door panel removal. Here's my new baby
Name:  ram003.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  133.0 KB
Name:  ram012.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  74.0 KB
Name:  ram016.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  87.4 KB

Old 05-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Hillbilly SQ

Thanks eric.

This headunit install is going to end up being the death of me though. Dash is a whole different animal.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:48 AM
ap0091
Professional

Hey welcome to DF
nice truck bro

Quick Reply: New Ram owner from Arkansas