New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to the world of Mopar!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:27 PM
durangokid2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the world of Mopar!

Hi my name is mason scott. I live in the northeat, in Rhode Island. I'm a big time Ford boy (im 18 and have owned 4 fords already.), but im retiring my daily driver 1990 Lincoln mark VII lsc, and I just bought a wreaked 2000 dodge durango SLT with the 5.9 off my friends mom for 300 bucks, and I just paid 350 for the entire nose and airbags off craigslist. Its black on black and as far as I know is fully loaded(well was they took the running boards and towing mirrors off for there new durango.) I love the truck and just brought it home yesturday and got it started and pulled the entire nose off. I need to pull out the passenger front frame where the core support bolts down but other then that the frame is straight. I am updating my cardomain alot on this project because Im building an offroader out of it, but it will also be my daily driver. I plan to do a 3 inch lift, 32x11.50 M/T tires, full custom duel exhaust, and a big sound system. So far I have a bruish guard Im gonna build custom mounts for, I already made a cold air intake, I have a cherry bomb vortex muffler for it for now, and I have a flip out dvd player and 2 head rest tv's.
Now I need help, I have a ford racing 3 row alluminum radiator I would love to custom mount in this thing with a electric fan. If I move the lower hose to down to work witht he ford radiator will I have any issues?? And it had a small electric fan and a clutch fan, can I just make it one large electric fan so I dont have to buy a new electric fan and clutch and fan? Also I cant find much for parts for these things out there, is there a good after market support?? Thanks in advance!!
Here is the car domain!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3333707

Quick Reply: New to the world of Mopar!