New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hey Guys...NEWBIE HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:27 PM
mxculture
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Guys...NEWBIE HERE!!

Hey whats up guys? Im new to Dodge. I just baught a pre-owned 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Laramie. Its fully loaded; quad-cab, leather, sunroof, woodgrain with nav/bluetooth/6cd changer in the flatscreen, woodgrain, electric back window and adjustable peddles. Its Brilliant Chrystal black or something like that. Im LOVIN it. First truck I ever owned and Im proud as hell. My father also owns a 2007 Hemi, but the sport edition...it has the factory ground effects kit. We are now in Competition to see whos can go fastest. Id like some pointers on how to make mine faster than his. He has the top K&N cold air intake, a magnaflow single cat-back exhaust, a SUPERCHIPS programmer and a
AIRAID Throttle body spacer. I just recently installed an aFe Stage 2 cold air intake(only difference is with the K&N you get rid of the air box before your throttle body. Comparing the boxes we baught them in...the K&N is said to give 7-9HP I beleive and the AFE says to add 15-17HP. I hope I made a good choice by going with the aFe over the K&N...what are other things I can do, using the same products but different companies to make my truck faster. Is there an cat-back exhaust that will outperform the magnaflow? is there a throttle body spacer that will outperform the AIR-AID one he baught? is there a programmer that will give my truck better power than the SUPERCHIP CORTEX one he has? What are other effeciant ways to make my truck faster without completely breaking the bank? I know im asking alot of questions...id just rather not start 10 threads. Im thinking about ordering the SUNCOAST EXTRACTOR hood for my truck...2 nostrals on each side with heat extractors centered on the hood going towards the back...sick hood and will also ram air on top of my filter. Anyways...if anyone actually took the time to read my story book post...give me some feedback and it will be appreciated greatly. Thanks guys, have a good one.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site.

Quick Reply: Hey Guys...NEWBIE HERE!!