New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

HELPPP PLEASE PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 12:27 PM
needhelpfast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELPPP PLEASE PLEASE

To whoever can help me i am in need of help with my car desperatly!!!
i have a grand caravan 96 and its in repairs every week and everytime we get it back and the guy says its fixed something else breaks. acording to the guy its not his fault though i think different and i really can use some advice and help on what to do !! if anyone here can help me i would greatly appriciate it.
my email address is tech@italkmore4less.com and i really can use the help.

Where i live there is no place that i can take it to in order to check the work that the guy did!

Old 03-28-2005, 12:34 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HELPPP PLEASE PLEASE

What kind of problems are you having?

Old 03-28-2005, 12:36 PM
casper
Legend

Welcome to the forum. What kind of problems are you having?? Complain??

Old 03-28-2005, 12:44 PM
needhelpfast

well for starters i just got it back from the garage because the brakes were squeeking all the time!, the air conditioner lets out a bad smell, and the engine was shaking when i get to 50 mph. After i got it back and the guy said its ok the engine heated up and of course the engine coolent was spilling over and they sent a tow truck to pick it up and they called me around an hour ago saying that the engine fans went.!
i will find out the name of the part that they switched when i brought in the car a few days ago.!
but meanwhile thats the story. i will post more details a bit later when i have the names of the parts that were switched.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:47 PM
casper
Legend

Sounds like its time to complain to the mechanic you have, and then go get another!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2005, 02:07 PM
needhelpfast

Guess what i just got back from the repair shop the forth time in the past week and i still have the same problem!!!!
here is the full story plus details.

a month ago the break pads were switched because the repair shop said it was a gonner! ok!
the air conditioner always had a smell to it and it didnt work though because it's winter here we didnt need it fixed yet.
2 weeks ago the brakes were making terebile noises and we couldnt bear the sound so last week we brought it in to fix again and we told them about the air conditioner. ok so the next day we came to pick it up and they told us that the compresser has to be replaced and that the brakes were polished and that was prob causing the noises. ok friday comes along and the brakes start making noise again and the air conditioning still had a smell and a new problem that the engine starts to shake when u drive over 40 mph! so sunday we took the car in again!! they tell us that the airconditioner was fixed and that the brakes were replaced and the O2 sensors in the car were busted and that there was a part that we needed to replace in the engine that costs 900 NIS (150$) ok they switched it and monday we picked up the car. after driving home i hear a bubbling noise and liquid is coming out of the engine so i quickly look and see that the car over heated (the drive home i had both airconditioners on) so i called the mechanic again and he said to tow it in.
Ok we towed the car in and he said that the engine fans dont work. so instead of getting new fans which we did 2 years ago with the same problem (which was never fixed i guess) we brought the old fans that he took out (yes the ones from 2 years ago) and he checked to see if it works and WALLA it works and he says ummm i dont know why this was taken out though from what i can see it works!! so today (tuesday)i go pick up the car and he said that he took the 2 fans (the old one and the one that was in the car) and he combined them to one that works. ok so i took the car and on the way back the car overheated again (both A.C.'s on) so i turn around back to the mechanic which on the way i turned the A.C. lower and by the time i got there the engine went back down to normal.
so i turn back around towards the house for the second time today and when i get towards the house it over heated again so as usual i turn down the A.C. and i turned off the car and i hear the bubbling sound again and the engine coollent liquid is boiling again and overflowing!! i took my camera and recorded it (if any of you want to see i can email you with it) and i look at the thermostat and the engine is on H (overheating) AGAIN!!!!!!!!
WHAT DO I DO???? WHAT CAN BE CAUSING THE ENGINE TO OVER HEAT???
can it be that its cloged and that it has nothing to do with the fans?? what???
I called the Chrysler Rep. in israel and asked about our mechanic and he said that they are professinol and reliable.

WHAT DO I DO????????

Old 03-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion

Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear about your problems.. hope it gets fixed soon and done right!

Old 04-01-2005, 12:46 AM
murph

yanno your thermostat could be bad .meaning its staying closed and not letting the water& coolent run thru your engine

Old 04-01-2005, 01:30 AM
trueblue02

dear need help fast
i can sympathize with you, until just recently i was the proud owner of a 1996 ford windstar. It was pretty sad, but it builds character. Ive been in the middle of the road and had the thing die on me. You have to nuture it, and no matter what the mechanics say its not fixed. Mine had engine trouble in the final days, and it made a hiddious rattle that sounded like i had a bike wiht baseball cards in the spokes. you can push it, and u have to be able to react to what it does. The minivan is a tight ride, no need to be embarassed

Quick Reply: HELPPP PLEASE PLEASE