New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newbie once again...(PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 12:36 PM
BQRam04
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie once again...(PICS)

Been AWOL from the forum for awhile, but thought I'd stop back in...I've changed a lot on the big white beast since last posting (my truck is the white ram with the Bull Bar on it in the TruckXpressions banner over on the right), so here's updated photos...

New exhaust...went from dual flowmaster 40's to a single-in single-out Magnaflow setup...not as loud, but it's still there when you stand on it. On a scale of 1 to 10, interior resonance and drone went from 10 to 4.

New dash kit...went with a simple brushed aluminum kit from Husky. It's just a couple of pieces, so I don't think it looks cluttered.

New tires...went with Nitto Terra Grappler ATs in 305/55R20. Couldn't be happier with them! (Unless they were 37-inchers under a lift! lol) They ride great...very smooth.

New fender flares...went from Bushwacker Street Flares to Bushwacker Pocket Style Flares. I think they look mean.

New headlights...went from stock lights to clear headlights from x3 Racing. Got them from a group buy on another forum. I added PIAA Xtreme White signal bulbs to match my headlight and foglight bulbs.

Well, that's all for now.

Old 04-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Vader
Champion
Default RE: Newbie once again...(PICS)

Brian, YOUR TRUCK IS AWESOME

Old 04-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Spear_em

I like the new fender flares, old or new! I think the Dodge's look too plain without the flares. When I bought me Dakota Quad 4x4, I told my wife I had to find one with flares or they look like crap, and they do. Her sister bought a 4x4 sport with no flares and it is nasty!

Old 04-09-2005, 07:01 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

welcoem back to DF

your truck looks OUTSTANDING

Old 04-09-2005, 07:37 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Cool ride!! Welcome back to the DF family!!!!

Old 04-09-2005, 10:06 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to DF! That's one sharp Ram you have.

Old 04-10-2005, 02:27 AM
seanie719
Professional

Nice truck

Old 04-10-2005, 02:57 AM
salomonskier
Veteran

that is one of the nicest trucks i have seen. How did the tires fit are they really tight, did you get a lift i cant tell? Also if you dont mind me asking how did those side steps cost, i realy like those!

Old 04-11-2005, 12:04 AM
BQRam04

saloman -

I haven't lifted the truck yet. There is possibly a 4.5" Superlift IFS kit in the works, but we'll see. The tires fit fine, no rubbing, virtually the same overall diameter as stock 275/60R20 rubber on 4x4s. The difference is in the width and the aggressive tread. I love them....no regrets at all. They ride smooth and look tough, so I'm happy. They hold their own off the pavement, but I don't do too much of that yet. (Maybe when she's a little older.)

The side step bars are Westin Signature Series CPS (Chrome Plated Stainless). In my humble opinion, chrome plated stainless, though the most expensive of stepbars generally, is the ONLY way to go. You have the corrosion resistance of stainless steel with the shine characteristics of chrome...the best of both worlds. Many less expensive bars are polished stainless steel...and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that...they still have the corrosion resistency, but they don't shine quite like chrome.

Call Justin @ TruckXpressions (board sponsor) and tell him that Brian Q told you to call and that you are from Dodge Forum. He'll hook you up with the best price he can. 866-444-7711

Thanks for everyone's compliments.

Old 04-11-2005, 02:25 AM
salomonskier
Veteran

Thanks for the info, i really want to got some new tires like yours they look really mean

Quick Reply: Newbie once again...(PICS)