New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New and Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
D0DG3R4M15OO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New and Need Help!!!

ah help!!!! Im new to the forum, but thats not what i need help with. I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 5.9. Its over heating. I get good heat befor it reaches running tempature then cold air blows out and it starts to overheat. the problem just started. for a while now i have been in need of a new radiator becuase the side gasket has been leaking but i put some liquid alluminum in it just to get me by because i was away on work and wasnt close to a garage. the main overheating problem just started tonight. i noticed the temp was up pulled over and steam was pouring from that right side of the radiator. check the coolant leven and noticed the resivor tank was over flowing and coolant was all through the engine compartment due to the tank over flowing from what it looked like. not boiling over. just overflow from the resivor tank. Help! any ideas?

Radiator clogged? thermostat? both!? ahh! i dont know and need to fix it tomorrow. Help!!

Old 03-09-2010, 11:14 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I would ck the coolant level and fill if needed,then do a pressure test and find any leaks you have. No leaks, then i would replace the t-stat.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to D.Forum.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:37 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. Check out the Ram sections,
FF