New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

One more Dodge convert!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Beartrack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up One more Dodge convert!

Hey there all!

Well, after having (among other vehicles) 4 Chevy 4x2s and 4x4s starting in 1986, I finally had enough. My most recent rig, a 2005 Chevy Avalanche 4x4 1500, took the cake for lack of reliability. I had put about $12k in upgrades, including a lift, 35" tires, upgraded wheels, upgraded shocks, added a steering stabilizer, Hypertech Power Programmer, CAI, Buckstop front bumper, PIAA lights, Warn winch, ARB Air Locker, re-geared the axles to 4.56, custom built nerf bars and a host of other options, all professionally installed. But in just 63,000 miles I had:
  • 4 rear axle rebuilds
  • 3 front axle shafts replaced
  • one rear brake caliper that fell off, bound between the spindle and wheel and broke the wheel from the inside out
  • malfunction in the ABS system
  • electrical issue in the dash
  • and numerous other things, most of which Chevy refused to do anything about due to the lift I'd had installed
  • worst of all, though I used to help design and build pretty heavy duty off road rock crawlers, when we tried to swap out the axles and suspension we couldn't due to the bleeping traction control system, which has the reluctor signaling rings at all 4 wheels and there was no retro-fittable substitute that we could fit on any larger axles! Ugh.
Well, I may be a slow learner but doggone it, I had had enough of Chevy. After researching both the Power Wagon and the Raptor I took the plunge and just bought a 2010 Dodge Power Wagon. It has all the options except for the rear seat DVD and boy am I excited! It will be used mostly as a daily driver but of course far more than that too. I do about 3-5 weeks a year of hunting and fishing in the mountains in Washington, Idaho and Montana. I am really, really looking forward this year to having a well-built and reliable truck and, being new to Dodge, am sure glad I found this site - there is so much info up here from some really knowledgable folks! Thanks everyone and look forward to getting acquainted with y'all and with Dodge!

Old 10-19-2010, 07:41 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Scott!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Quick Reply: One more Dodge convert!