New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Just bought my 3rd Dodge - New to site

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 07:52 PM
KMAPRO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my 3rd Dodge - New to site

Hello, I am KMAPRO and I am a Dodge-a-holic.

My first Dodge was a 1995 Ram 1500 4x4 standard Cab. It was a red sport model and I loced it.

BUT - because of having two kids and a wife, I needed something a bit bigger. So I traded the standard cab in on a brand new 1998 Dodge Ram 4x4 Club Cab.

I installed a 3" Performance Accessories body lift and was running 10" wide rims w/ 33 x 14.50 Mickey Thompsn tires on it....

When I bought the truck, I also bought the 5 year extended warranty with it. Exactly 4 years 363 days after I bought the truck, the hub and bearing let go on the driver's side front. It did enough damage that I had to get rid of the truck.......

I then strayed rom Dodge for a short while and boght a 2001 Ford F-250 4x4 crew cab long wheel base truck....GREAT TRUCK - BAD GAS MILEAGE!!!

I recently traded it in for a 2002 Dodge Durango R/T 5.9 - still bad gas mileage, but I look good stopping at the gas pump now...LOL.

I turned the Rango over to the wife to drive during the week and I drive her 'Hoe (Tahoe) but I really miss driving a truck. As soon as her lease is up (Tahoe) I am turning it in and finding me a 2001 - 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Dually......

Any - that be me and my Dodge syndrome

Old 06-20-2005, 09:19 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: Just bought my 3rd Dodge - New to site

Haha, always nice to have another Dodge-aholic with us! Welcome! Just curious, but why a 3500 Dually?

-Matt-

Old 06-20-2005, 11:45 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cause they are serious about hauling something.

Welcome to Dodge forum. Make sure you check out the Ram section.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:36 PM
KMAPRO

ORIGINAL: Viper-GTS

Haha, always nice to have another Dodge-aholic with us! Welcome! Just curious, but why a 3500 Dually?

-Matt-
Mainly because of their towing and I think they look good. I have to have something big to tow around a 10K lb skid steer ya know

I might look at the 2500 Ram, but I am not sure.....

Mopartodd - I was looking through your signature and noticed that you had a 99 Intrepid..I guess I should say that I am on my 4th Dodge then...I had a 97 Intrepid and turned it into a show car. It was solid black (all emblems, pinstripes and mouldings were removed) with 18" chrome rims, limo tint, lowered and had a $5k stereo system in it......great show car...crappy all around car - I won't go into that one though. Hopefully, yours is holding up better than mine did.

If I hve my way, I will have atleast one more (other than my next truck) Chrysler vehcile in my driveway..my dream car is a 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner - 383 w/ 440 heads and a 6-pack...B&M slap stick for banging the gears....

Told ya I was a Dodge-a-holic!!!

Quick Reply: Just bought my 3rd Dodge - New to site