New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 05:47 PM
neojin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05

Hey gang,

I'm looking to purchase a truck in the near future (~ a month). I've never been a truck owner before, mostly had sedans up until now. I want the truck primarily for my surfboards and mountain bikes and also for many trips to home depot (want to remodel my home).

I just started doing research and immediately, the ram caught my eye. Especially the HEMI sport edition (the one with body kit that is same color as the rest of the car). It's almost enough to make me want to purchase one just on looks alone! I mean nothing else out there compares... I just love the aggresive look of the truck.

With that said, the logical part of my brain is asking some questions So I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand:

1. What price range am I looking at for an 05 hemi sport?
2. I understand the ram is going to be revamped in fall (06 rams). Should I wait for the 06 or go with the 05, hoping that they will lower the prices?
3. I've only seen automatic transmissions so far for the hemi sport. Do they offer it in manual?
4. How much bargaining power do I have? I really want to get a good deal so I can save the money for future mods (and I plan to do alot).
5. What options would you guys recommend?
6. I've heard that purchasing online can save you quite alot of money. Does anyone know any good links?

Thanks in advance and hope to be a proud owner of a new dodge truck soon!

Old 06-23-2005, 06:03 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: 05

1. What price range am I looking at for an 05 hemi sport?
The base model Ram 1500 Regular Cab SLT with the Hemi MSRP's at $26,820.

2. I understand the ram is going to be revamped in fall (06 rams). Should I wait for the 06 or go with the 05, hoping that they will lower the prices?
I'm assuming 2006's model would have a price spike because of several factors including MDS.

3. I've only seen automatic transmissions so far for the hemi sport. Do they offer it in manual?
With the SLT 1500 Hemi included, the automatic 5-speed is the only option (dodge.com)

4. How much bargaining power do I have? I really want to get a good deal so I can save the money for future mods (and I plan to do alot).
5.7L HEMI Magnum V8 Engine producing 345Hp I believe. Power shouldn't be a problem =)

5. What options would you guys recommend?
The quad cab model. It offers space when you need it.

-Matt-

Old 06-23-2005, 06:26 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IF you're a single person or newly married and don't need the people space, I'd strongly recommend a RC truck. The performance is considerably better and the mileage is too. You should be able to bargain your way into a good deal considering the price of gas these days. Even trucks aren't selling as good as they have in the past couple years. Good luck.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:59 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

That's probably the way to go as Todd said.

6. I've heard that purchasing online can save you quite alot of money. Does anyone know any good links?
Also, it's probably better to talk the purchase out and discuss it with a salesman... so you can bargain it down possibly. Idk if you can do that online. Check out ebay.com and cars.com

-Matt-

Old 06-24-2005, 11:22 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The botton line on buying is to do your homework. Decide what you want andd figure out what the invoice is and go from there. Good luck.